router tds any special settings?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by bugether, Oct 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bugether

bugether Registered Member

i have recently aquired a nexland isb pro800 turbo. i have noticed a reduction in the effect of traces, scans and the dns function in tds does not work
    i found this in forums
    DNS Reply Packets Have Wrong Source IP Address.
    If I do a DNS query to an external DNS server thru the Nexland unit, the reply packets appear to come from the internal IP address of the Nexland unit. This is a big problem for a DNS server making the query since it tends to ignore the DNS packets with the incorrect source address. Nexland Support tells me this is expected behavior. I was able to correct this problem by setting the DNS forwarder on my DNS server to point to the internal IP address of the Nexland unit. However, this was not mentioned in the documentation or their online FAQs.

are there settings i should enter for tds that will resolve these issues? are there any ports the router needs open? bug :doubt:

2. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

For normal operations TDS doesn't need Internet access, however, for updates Update.exe needs to have Internet access.
    If you want to use the special features like ping, trace, resolve or the "external" applications like TCP-Connect or various plug-ins, then you need to give those access-rights as well.
    If you want to use the port listening features, you must give those server rights
    Hope this helps.
    Dolf
    BTW Welcome to Wilders :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.