ROSA Desktop 2012 beta review

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by mack_guy911, Apr 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

2. mack_guy911

3. mack_guy911

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Interesting stuff... By chance I just had a quick look at Mandriva 2011 last night and was about to install it and try to figure things out. This one looks pretty nice....

5. mack_guy911

today i tried rosa lab beta release highly impress by the looks some distro pretty smooth it look best kde i ever used so perfect icons theme fonts which i hate in kde they are perfect on this one too but then all shatter as i got 1st hang on virtual box while downloading vlc

althou default player play all out of box out of box flash so nice distro hope they make it more stable as its 1st beta so i give pretty positive if that hang didnt occur it pretty good for me

second thing also i notice on 800*600 it show cut icons in rocket bar but on all higher resolution it perfect

3rd it was difficult for me to find mandriva control center (rosa control center) which when you search for configure you see that

:))

if you ask me to rate

10/9 on looks default looks i didnt like new button style last one i like more

10/8 ease of use

10/9 for new stuff like Stackfolder, ROSA Media Player, KLook, Rosa icons :thumb:

10/7 on stability on live dvd mode

as for installation i didnt install so cannot say anything about it

i hope other try and comment too

edit: also like to add its 1st beta stage ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.