rootsnroll - problem with programs starting

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by rootsnroll, May 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rootsnroll

rootsnroll Registered Member

having same IE pop up error on memory at 0x00000038

(Using XP) I have had problems with several of my programs starting up recently when i have a few programs open. They seem to flicker open, but then close.

Yesterday and today, when i have several IE windows open at one time and am actively using them, i get the message,
    "the instruction at "0x73ddlc9d" referenced memory at "0x00000038." The memory could not be read."

i have scanned with norton and trend-micro, and the system is clean; i have a firewall running, up to date virus protection.... i'm not sure what is going on. Thanks for any help.

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi rootsnroll, and welcome.

I have split your post off the other member's thread and into one of your own. Please stay in this one and do not cross-post in other member's threads.

To help find out what is causing your problems, please follow the instructions HERE for downloading and installing Spybot S&D and/or Ad-Aware, and HijackThis.

Then unzip Hijackthis to a permanent folder of it's own (not a Temp folder or desktop).

Do a scan and copy & paste the log here in this thread to be checked. Do not fix anything in hijackthis by yourself as most of what it lists will be harmless and even essential to the operation of your computer.

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.