Rootkits headed for BIOS

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by lotuseclat79, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. controler

controler Guest

But SteveO

Don't you remember that Sj said that Devils advocate said this person would go far?

Do not be surprised that the mods here know everyones usernames.

con

2. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

@controler : If you would use one time your grey cells you could see that I am using Windows Defender Beta, it is a genuine advantage tool for original windows xp users. Means Microsoft will check if I own a original, probably you have problems with originals. People who accuse others have in most cases much more problems then those who think withhout prejudices. The mirror of yourself.

I am wondering that someone could think that I do not respect the persons in this forum, strange. If I notice someone attacks I re-attack. If someone is friendly I am friendly too, it´s easy. I show the mirror nothing else.

@StevieO: Thanks for research and links.
    The argument is good, enjoying the sun ;-) I don´t know why but actually all apps are working, short time after I posted the last screens.

The files are in system32: wuauclt.exe (1221 KB), wuauclt1.exe (171 KB) both changed on 26.05.2005 04:16,
    wuaucpl.cpl.manifest 1 KB 20.04.2006, wuaueng1 (191 KB), wuaueng (1313 KB) same date as above, wuauserv (7 KB).

My pics afterwards? You think I should do the screen one nearby the other one?

Apt.exe works, Spybro and the whole rest. Everything works actually. The win32k.sys thing did not occure again, afterwhile I reinstalled windows 2 or 3 times, just for info.

The last thing I remember what may changed everything per chance was that I tried to use Icesword, but the ispubdrv.sys was incompatible with Ghost Security Suite at least on my computer so it always result in a BSOD when trying to use Icesword together with GSS.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2006
  3. controler

controler Guest

Wow !!!!!!!!!

Saying I am brain dead will not get you far at all here dude.

\My last brain cell is better then you in tire brain.
    and so the mods will close this thread.

Insults won't do dude.

con

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, controler

Something or Other. o_O

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

5. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

To all:

In terms of content and analysis, this thread has been treading water for some time. In terms of personal comments, it is clearly heading downward.

The thread started as a general discussion. For the last few pages it has followed the adventures of SystemJunkie's system. It's been quite a ride, but now that those problems seem resolved, or at least subdued. With that in mind, I believe that it is best we close out the discussion here.

SystemJunkie - If problems return, a new thread can be started and focused solely on the topics germane to your system at that point in time.

With that, this thread is closed.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.