RootKitRevealer - am I rootkitted?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by joeymckenzie, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joeymckenzie

joeymckenzie Registered Member

Hey guys, first post here. I've been having horrible BSOD's lately, simply from doing nothing. After a week of a living nightmare of this, I've eliminated the possibility of a hardware issue, and it seems to be pointing to a rootkit issue.

I've run rootkit revealer, and it's showing 51 discrepancies. I don't know what to do at this point, nor do I know how to clean or get rid of them. I'm posting a screenshot of the results because every time I try to save a text file of the results, yet another BSOD occurs.

This is happening on a dual boot setup with Vista and 2k. Both systems are effected, and I cannot pinpoint the how why or when. Any help is greatly appreciated.

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/4828/image3nt4.gif

2. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

I would scan your system with additional Antispyware programs to see they detect any anomalies. Also, I would have the Operating System looked over by a tech support person on one of the help forums to see if a rootkit had infected the system.
    Good luck.

3. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

It would be nice if extended out a little. Some interesting entries around half way down - C:\.... maybe okay, but the rest look to be of no concern.
    Try another scan with Rootkit Unhooker which is my personal favourite and most powerful antirootkit around or you could get some help here with removal - if you even have a problem.

More ARKs
    IceSword
    AVG

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  4. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

Stay relaxed joey, the only real thing one can see in the logs is that you ran vista, RmMetadata and all $$$$Extend come from Windows Vista filesystem, nothing dangerous.

Please post a better screenshots with full pathview of all results.
    Things that could be related to a persistent monster are the empty folders
    where nothing is to see, pay attention on abnormal timedates e.g. 12.12.1899,
    or 1.1.1601 this may be a sign for a real evil rootkit.

5. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

6. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

do i have any bogies? o_O

Attached Files:

7. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

Not sure, but you do need to update your java. (current version is 1.6.0_02)

8. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

oh thanks lol ! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.