Rootkit defense for DeepFreeze etc bypass ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CloneRanger, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

DeepFreeze etc bypass ?

Lots of claims from HT about their software ! Sounds like a rootkit to me, but even if it is, how would it evade DeepFreeze, Returnil, ShadowDefender etc ?

Obviously they would have to get their stuff installed by someone allowing .EXE's, .SYS's etc etc to run. So let's presume they did, now what ?

"Most" = not all then :D I expect a good ARK would find it ?

2. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

i just can't figure how could they accomplish this if "Existing files are not modified, no new processes are executed, no new network connections are stablished"
    But truly impressed by: "Cannot be detected by antivirus, antimalware, anti-keyloggers?
    is this a "super-security-software-proof-100%-infection-rate-product" vs all of our "99% detection rate products"
    layered approach totally useless against this so-called INVISIBLE thingee? Don't think so...

3. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Gotta love it when something can "bypass everything out there" :D

I've ran virtualization software for close to 10-years now,never an issue.
    I cannot count how many times I've ran across the ultimate malware that could get by everything :argh: but yet,I've yet to encounter it?!

4. kareldjag

kareldjag Registered Member

Hi,

I've heard of this italian campany in 2007 when they advertized their law enforcement stealth RAT at MILIPOL congress (google translation is your friend:
    http://www.zataz.com/news/15312/informatique-cyber-surveillance-milipol-2007.html ).

It's a policeware like the FBI CIPAV ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Policeware ), but as the security software industry is a higly competitive market, there is of course an escalation of pretentious marketing.
    As i eat with one hand and wrtite with the other...i just say goodbye...

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thanks kareldjag:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.