Rootkit.Agent.ODG

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Chris_S, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris_S

Chris_S Registered Member

Hi there

Have just been hit with this trojan :thumbd: - popups have just started. I have read through forums looking for a "fix", but have so far struck out. I'm running NOD32 4 (single machine), S&D wont launch, have run Malwarebytes but the "demon" returns. Any suggested course(s) of action would be appreciated. Some previously suggested software (other forums - Avenger etc.) is ready to run, so logs can be passed on easily.

Regards

Chris S

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

give prevx a try;) will get good results:thumb:

3. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Re: Rootkit.Agent.ODG Removal Help

I suppose you're doing your cleaning in safe-mode? Download, update and so on in Safe-Mode with Networking, then disconnect from the Internet (if you can, do it through "Network Connections" since it's easiest, otherwise do it physically through disconnecting the cable, etc.) to make sure the malware doesn't have a chance to redownload itself and such and thus reinfecting your system.

I'd test to get rid of it with Hitman Pro. (I expect it to be able to do it, and I've yet to test it against an infected machine, so I'm interested - the homepage can be found by clicking this link.)

Run Hitman Pro through Safe-Mode with Networking, but don't disconnect in this case as its strength is its cloud, thus you need continuous connection to the Internet - most important thing is that it's in Safe-Mode as malware in almost all cases have much harder to do their thing there. When cleaning, select to run it on Trial.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

4. HKEY1952

HKEY1952 Registered Member

Re: Rootkit.Agent.ODG Removal Help

Try this (must accept ActiveX):

01)- Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool (easier to Run online opposed to downloading)
    Features more in-depth customized scanning opposed to the Microsoft Update/Windows Update Site
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/default.aspx

02)- Microsoft Live OneCare Safety Scanner (use Protection and Cleanup only)
    Protection = Antivirus and Antispyware scan
    Cleanup = Registry Cleaner
    http://onecare.live.com/site/en-US/default.htm

HKEY1952

5. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

6. smage

smage Registered Member

7. dell boy

dell boy Registered Member

dr web cure it cd is a good one for removal of bad infections

8. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

Welcome , Chris S,

Run MBAM in Safe Mode, please. Run also ESET SysInspector: http://www.eset.com/download/sysinspector.php

You have certainly some good antirootkits like GMER, kX-Ray, Root Repeal, Radix ...

Safe Mode, Chris.

PROROOTECT:thumb:

9. cqpreson

cqpreson Registered Member

I think maybe you can have a try with F-Secure Blacklight or Sophos Anti-Rootkit:) .These tools can detect Rootkit and kill it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.