RollbackRX problems

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Baedric, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baedric

Baedric Registered Member

I was giving RollbackRX 8.1 Pro a 15 day trial run and decided after the 15 days to uninstall it. I kept the recommended snapshot during uninstallation and then upon re-boot realized that somewhere in the process I lost over 40GB of HDD space. :mad:
    I sent in a support ticket and have yet to recieive ANY support over 24 hours later. :ouch:
    I wish that I had browsed around in the Forums here more before I uninstalled, I would have reverted to the original snapshot instead.
    I feel like they should let you know that you will lose HDD space if you keep the current snapshot.

2. appster

appster Registered Member

That sounds to me like an incomplete cleanup of the MBR, so if you have your Windows Installion Disk, boot it and run FIXMBR from the Recovery Console.

Fwiw, I don't think that uninstalling to the Current Snapshot (or the Baseline) has anything to do with the problem. Imho, you experienced an incomplete uninstall of RB.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.