RollbackRx-- bugs update

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by aigle, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

RollbackRx has gone really crazy on my system. I have kept some snapshots locked and some unlocked with the settings to delete all unlocked snapshots automatically if they are 3 days old.
    Today i just noticed that all of my snapshots except few have becomed unlocked themselves( I never did that). When I tried to lock them manually, I got an error message with failure to lock.
    Tried to delete snapshots but dailed. Even there seems to be no way to delete the snapshots now.
    It looks rather funny.

Attached Files:

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Another snapshot.

Attached Files:

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Oh boy what a mess.
    Am I glad my new computer took so long to get it, otherwise I would have RollbackRx (RB) on my computer and paid for it.
    I was very lucky to see these problems with RB just in time at Wilders to make a better choice.
    Of course, I could have been one of the fortunate RB-users, but I didn't want to take that risk, not with a software that is supposed to save my skin.

HDS will have alot of work to fix these problems. Maybe they have to reconsider the whole concept of RB. I sincerely hope that HDS will be able to fix it.
    Are the unfortunate RB-users not able to get their money back ?

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I can hardlt think that they will fix it in near future. Also they have to work for Vista in addition.
    About money I never asked as still RoolllBack is useful to me as I need instant reboots in different snapshots and no imp data in my PC.
    I will just wait and if they ever fix the issues, I will try to get that version free.

5. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

It is only a little minority who seems to have encountered the few problems, describe at Wilders, with Rollback RX. Personnally, I never have all the problem that other here have with Rollback Rx but than, I have to say that I am not an heavy beta tester like others in here...

6. Atomas31

In revanche, what's bothering me the most and the reason why I won't recommand anymore Rollback is there lack of support... They don't seems to answer anymore to email, there online chat is never on, there forums (with two problems reported and never answers) have dissappear, etc.

The fact that there program may have a few bugs is one thing but when the same compagny decide to ignore the customers and, probably, the bugs that are reported to them, that's when I get unhappy and unsatisfied...

Best regards,
    Atomas31

7. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Sad to see that their support isnt good anymore. When I first bought it they were quick to answer both in mail and the Live chat. But I have not used it for a couple of months now since I encountered my problems with it.
    Not a good sign, i guess. Maybe their technology only works for people who dont stress it to much (beta testing, installing/uninstalling alot of programs and so on) - mainly basic restoring facility for average joe in other words? Hopefully they will find a way, coz I like their approach still.

8. Atomas31

I believe they are growing too fast for there own good!

9. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

In a way it's a bit of an irony. One thing that was a big help to them was the publicity they got on here on Wilders. But that also may have proven to be equally bad. My hunch is one of the reason some of us may see more problem then usual, is the driver issue, namely they really want there driver to be first in line on the stack, which makes sense to me. Problem is many of us here run one or more programs that also have kernel drivers in the stack, and many of the programmers of security software, program so their program gets 1st shot at the stack. This could be a big source of the problems.

10. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

That sounds plausible Peter2150. I figure I do have [security] programs that propably wants that space.

11. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

That's true Erik, but they not only have lots of work ahead of them to properly fix Rollback, they also will have to repair their tarnished reputation!

12. pvsurfer

"Only a little minority"? .....what is your basis for saying that? o_O

After reading every Rollback thread in this forum, I 'see' more users reporting problems than those saying they have been problem-free!

And as I stated elswhere, my Rollback problems even surfaced on my laptop which is never used for beta-testing (the only thing it runs are MS Office 2003 applications)!

13. Atomas31

It is a minority when, what, something like 10 different peoples have indicated some problems and that for many hundreds of users...

[/QUOTE]After reading every Rollback thread in this forum, I 'see' more users reporting problems than those saying they have been problem-free![/QUOTE]

What do you expect on a forum where people post problem or issue they have with there softwareso_O I don't see many user of any product opening thread just to say that they love there product and don't have any problem with it!!! Also, I don't see why a person would simply write that he's have been problem-free with the product? That certainly won't help or resolved the issue reported by the starter of this or any other threads for that matter...

14. pvsurfer

are you saying that hundreds of Rollback users have no problems... how do you know that? o_O

You did... ;)

Look, I really don't want to get into a 'pissing contest' with you, but I believe your suggestions are grossly unfair to those here who have suffered serious Rollback-induced system problems!

15. Atomas31

I agree not to go into a "pissing contest" ;-)

But when you say you don't agree with my suggestion, what suggestion is it? I simply wanted to say that we should not generalise problems that a few in here got (English ain't my first langage so maybe I wrongly express myself the first time, sorry!)... But, not because I didn't encounter the problem that other had that I can not sympathize with them and hope that HDS find a solution or, at least, say to someone that they are aware of the problems and working on them!

16. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I just noticed I can lock/ unlock/ delete some snapshot but not all. The snapshots which I can,t manage can be however deleted during boot time.
    Interestingly the problem hapened after installing a trial of Panda TruPrevent.

17. pvsurfer

I'll drink to that thought... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.