RollBackRx and EAZ-FIX Now Different ?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by pratzert, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pratzert

pratzert Registered Member

I know it's been talked about to death here and stated that these are the same program just marketed thru different companies.

But now.... it seems they have made a split of sorts as to functionality and capabilites.

Specifically, the fact that Horizon has broken out the Drive Clone Rx portion from Rollback. But yet, it remains as part of the included function in EAZ-FIX.

Is this a beginning of two different paths for this software ?

While were at it.... I currently have RollbackRx v8.1 and planned to pay for the upgrade to get v9.0

But since I'm laying out money anyway... should I do a swith over to EAZ-FIX rather than RollbackRx o_O

I have read that EAZ-FIX seems to be ahead of the curve with updates and fixes and that RollbackRx takes longer. I guess it's the fault of Horizon.

But would I be better off getting the EAZ-FIX instead ? In general, I have been happy with RollBackRx.

Tim

2. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

If you upgrade then you are entitled to get Drive Cloner Rx free now...but future upgrades of the separated product will be chargeable...as far as I understand it!

http://www.horizondatasys.com/177440.ihtml

I believe that they have bounced up and down over the years, one time EAZ is ahead then it is RB

Now that is a good question but my view, as I am in the same boat as you and about to upgrade, is that you are better staying with the devil you know. Who knows what will happen to EAZ?

As I said above from what I understand they seem to juxtapose with each other...one better than the other at one time and then not, etc.

In my humble opinion NO...but that is only my view.

3. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

i don't see ant reason to "upgrade" yo ver 9

they fix so little stuff over there that most users doesn't concern

4. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Meanwhile, I'm stuck with free AyRecovery until the end of December! lol Actually, I'm so satisfied with the Ay clone, that I'll search for the best deal in December and purchase one of them, or perhaps before that if a deal should materialize.

5. pratzert

pratzert Registered Member

After reading the so-called "fixes" I do wonder why they designated this a major version upgrade instead of incremental.

Probably so they could charge the full price as a "new" version.

Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.