Rollback When Installing NOD32 AV5

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by trbbhm, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trbbhm

trbbhm Registered Member

I have been trying to install NOD32 AV5 on my computer for several days now and it keeps bombing out near the end of the installation. It says that the system is waiting for a reboot from a previous uninstall, but I've rebooted numerous times and can't seem to get around this problem.

I've tried to attach my INSTALL.LOG file from a recent installation attempt but I am unable to due to the forum's size restrictions (my INSTALL.LOG file is 1.5MB in size, which exceeds the 1.0MB size limit imposed by the forum).

I hope someone can help!

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I assume that the log file will be much smaller if you compress it. You can also upload the log somewhere and paste here / PM me the download link along with information about your oper. system.

4. trbbhm

trbbhm Registered Member

5. Personify

Personify Registered Member

Good to hear you fixed yours.
    This is how I fixed my problem with ESET Smart Security 5:

'I worked out how to fix it after hours!!!!! :D
    ESET SMART SECURITY 5 2012 INSTALL ROLLBACK (rolling back premature) FIX: Windows 7:

Step1:type in start menu search - edit group policy
    Step2:In local group policy editor, expand administrative templates
    Step3:Expand windows components
    Step4:Click windows installer near the bottom of windows components
    Step5: Doubleclick prohibit rollback, enable, restart pc.
    Step6: If you haven't uninstalled, Run this in safe mode xttp://download.eset.com/special/ESETUninstaller.exe - boot in safe mode by pressing f8 many times at startup and boot in safe mode. and then delete the folder @ C:\Program Files\ESET, then type in start menu folder options, click the view tab, click show hidden folders, press ok. Then delete C:\ProgramData\ESET. Restart.
    Step7:Install with the offline installer http://www.eset.com/me/download/home/detail/family/5/ Choose options or just run it
    Step8: (Activate your product, for example in safe mode)
    Step9:Step1,2,3,4,Doubleclick prohibit rollback, select not configured. Restart
    Step10:UPDATE ESET (when you connect to internet, choose home network)'

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.