Rollback Rx and Defragmenter

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by nikanthpromod, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

Tried to defragment my pc with some defragmenters such as tune up , ashampoo , but no difference in the fragmentation.:doubt:
    What should i do??
    I have rollback rx installed.

2. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

You should not use 3rd party defragers with RX installed. This is made clear in the users guide and is mentioned frequently here on the forum. What I do is regularly defrag using Rxs built in defrag utility (but this only defrags the snapshots) and then 1x per month I uninstall Rx, do general PC maintenance (defrag, image drive using a 3rd party imager, clean registry, etc) and then reinstall Rx. Its a bit of a nuisance (but Rx is well worth it) and if you do not do this you will find that your PC becomes sluggish over time and at that point you will have to do it anyway,,,,may as well keep things crisp and sharp by doing it regularly when you want to. --- and having drive images is always a good thing in case of a drive melt-down.

3. LenC

LenC Registered Member

Interesting way to use Rollback and Imaging Software - thank you. I might try that - right now I use only Shadow Protect.

4. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

thanks for ur info:thumb:
    I did it today. Now my fragmentation is 1% . It was 14%
    :D

5. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

Good to hear and glad to be of assistance.

6. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

What I discovered, and indeed, not science, was that JK defrags used to take maybe as long as seven eight minutes but since I'd always defrag before reinstalling AyRecovery and I also used its defrag, that JK would only take about two minutes after an uninstall so I figured it wasn't worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.