RollBack RX 8.1 build 2692839437

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by pandlouk, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

You didnt read my post -one long winded complaint means absolutely nothing.

The problem obviously was that he was running it with FDISR,which also installs itself in the MBR.You could equally blame FDISR for not running properly wirh RBx .
    You have to know what you are doing if you do this- cant see why anyone would do this in any case,as they both are ISRs.

This only confirms exactly what I was saying-"related to his own setup".
    He complains that no one told him they shouldnt be used together,but his own commonsense should have told him

I am sure the developers never considered that anyone would use them together.

Be serious, this isnt anything even approaching the beginning of anything resembling proof-I know you are joking!ROFL.

What I called silly was the direction the posts are heading! A bit of logic is badly required here!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  2. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

And yet works well for many others.

When I tried it, v8.1 worked fine for me although I didn't try the imaging aspect. My only complaint was to do with the last restore date not being shown and a typographical error i.e. creat instead of create. Both didn't impede the running of the program.

The fact is it didn't work on your system. It doesn't mean it won't on others.

3. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

No one knows?

4. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Even HD recommend not using both products although they acknowledge some have managed to do so successfully.

5. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Sorry Mike, I forgot to answer earlier. :p

The snapshots are saved on the partition on the clusters that where in use when you took the snapshot.
    It does not hide/unhide folders. Let's say that hides/unhide sectors.

http://support.horizondatasys.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=9

It works fine with ReturnIL and Shadow defender.

6. pandlouk

If you use FD-ISR as a bootloader only you can use them together without any problems.

ps. However it gets a little complicated if you want to use FD-ISR as a restoration tool.

7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Rollback Rx works fine here.

8. fce

fce Registered Member

any idea guys when will HorizonData will release new build or new version of Rollback Rx?

I hope before my 1year maintenance subscription expire, version 9 will release :D

9. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

How long ago did you purchase?
    What issues are you looking to be resolved by a new version?

Everything to me is seeming flawless at this point so I'm not sure what you might be looking for.

Thanks,

Chris

10. fce

fce Registered Member

i think August 2007.

actually i don't have issue with RollbackRX8.1, this new build solved my known problem with RBRx8.1 (BSOD during my PCs' hibernate mode)....my bad i got 1yr maintenance subscription without knowing when i will use it :D

11. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

Glad to hear your issues are resolved. The only thing I look forward to be included with a new release is the ability to import/export snapshots similar to the way FDISR does it. Not sure if this is possible but maybe they can work it out. Otherwise stable and good to go on my machine.

Thanks,

Chris

12. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

Thanks a lot pandlouk! You save my day.

13. pandlouk

You are welcome. :)

Panagiotis

14. altruist

altruist Registered Member

I've noticed problems, reported by windows as a CRC error when installing a large file off a CD, particularly 'data2.cab' with EAZ-FIX. Since RollBack and EAZ-FIX are both based on the same code, I can assume rollback may have this problem as well.

If anyone else gets install errors with games/applications with large cab files off CDs, this may be the reason why.

15. Empath

Empath Registered Member

Altruist, on what are you basing the relationship between your problem and the Rollback / EAZ-Fix installation?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.