rollback question

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by brihy1, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brihy1

brihy1 Registered Member

i have my drive split into 2 partitions c: and j: is there a way to have rollback just cover c: and not j: because j is where i use macrium to backup ?thanks

2. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Yes, select only C:\ drive during the program install.:D

3. brihy1

brihy1 Registered Member

so do i need to uninstall and reinstall to be able to select that option?is that the only way?

4. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Yes;)

5. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

Yes, uninstall RB, then defrag C:, then reinstall RB instructing it (during install) to protect C: only.

6. brihy1

brihy1 Registered Member

ok all is well thanks people

7. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

o_O?? I thought Rx would only protect one drive/partition. Is it actually 1 drive and whatever partitions on that drive you tell it to protect?

Dumb question I guess since thats whats been said above,,,,,

By the way, for anyone considering getting Rx and who are undecided......It is one awesome program. I have been using it for some 6 months now and it has not failed me once and has caused no problems on my PC. And I have used it to roll back my system as well as to recover files fairly often.

The only part of it I have not tested is the imaging function but I use other programs (in addition to this function of RX) that I am confident in so I am not concerned about this........Has anyone used the imaging function (either the current stand alone program or the one thats is part of the previous version of RX). Just curious. I suspect if Rx is so good the imager is probably excellent as well.

8. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

No.

You can tell it to protect multiple drives/partition during the program install.:D

9. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

It can protect all or part of your primary hard drive, so if you have multiple partitions on that drive it can protect all, some, or just one (of course protecting multiple partitions will result in larger snapshots). RB (EF) can not protect any additional physical drives.

10. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

Got it, good to know. I am on my first install of Rx and I just accepted the defaults as the install progressed so I missed that. Next time I will pay closer attention.

Has anyone done restores with the companion imaging program?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.