RollBack has been installed - thanks

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by bgoodman4, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

I want to thank all of the folks who helped me decide if RollBack Rx would be a good fit for my needs. I finally installed it today and I could not be happier with it. Installation was smooth as silk, getting familiar with the program was a breeze (because much of it had already been explained to me on the forum), and all of my tests were complete successes. I still have one or two things to test (such as imaging) but so far everything is A OK. I especially want to thank the folks that warned me about what not to do once I had installed the program. Your heads up will serve to help me avoid problems that I likely otherwise would have sooner or later been faced with.

Wilders is a great place to hang out and it is simply because there are some really fine folks here who make it that way.

Many thanks to you all.

2. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Enjoy...but make sure that you defrag the snapshots often (I do before boot up as I have found it to be quicker)...and keep a look out for v9 as yo will be entitled to a free upgrade if you want it (as far as I know):D .

3. bgoodman4

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I had been doing it at the end of the day,,,and deleting any unlocked snaps that were created during the day as well (the latter first).

I just took a look at the program and its help files and cannot see how to defrag before boot (do you mean before you boot into Windows?). Can I trouble you for the process?
    Thanks

PS: I am enjoying it. A very nice program IMHO.

EDIT: I found how to set this under (where else) settings. I had it set to the default of 4 and had not noticed it defraging upon boot. Actually I don't think it had done this until I just booted the PC, finally had 4 snaps done. Thanks

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  4. fce

fce Registered Member

that's good you're enjoying RBRx.

it's saved lot's of my time specially when i experienced corrupted software during installation....just one click, all is back to normal. No need to browse the internet to waste time how to fix corrupted software.

5. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

What I meant by 'at boot' is that if you hit the 'Home' key (default that can be changed in Settings) BEFORE the Window boot process starts, ie, just after the Bios & harware information has been displayed, you will get into the RBRx pre-boot options which included, under Advanced, an option to Defrag outside Windows. It does the same job but I have found that it seems to do the job en masse quicker than if you take the Defrag Snapshot option from the main GUI.

Just a thought! :D

6. bgoodman4

Thank you, I will keep that in mind. This is better than what I have (defrag upon boot after 4 snapshots have been created) as it give you manual control of the process.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.