Roboscan ESTsoft ALYac Antivirus Basic: Uses BitDefender and ESTsoft’s Tera Engine

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sg09, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I still can't work out why Roboscan is so rubbish compared to BitDefender. It just feels like part of it is not even working properly...

2. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

I don't know. I have never had a problem with Roboscan when I was testing it, nor the Korean versions for that matter. :doubt:

3. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

I use it (Robo FW disabled) with PrivateFW and is a great combo.
    About updates now on their FB pages I saw this:
    The 2.5 version of Roboscan is the current version out on the market. We will make sure to let you when there is a new version
    o_O
    seems they have no idea about the future plans but so far so good it works :D

4. nord1

nord1 Registered Member

Romagnolo1973,

Hmmm... I tried Private Firewall, but for some reason (probably my misconfiguration on my XP PRO SP3 Dell laptop) it didn't work well. I had been happy in the past with Outpost, but not with their Suite. For now, the Outpost and Roboscan combo is working for me, unless someone can point to a problem.

THanks.

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Does Roboscan even support Windows8 ?

6. Romagnolo1973

99% yes
    The only issue is if you use Metro Start screen, as other competitors you can not see Robo popup in the start screen but only in desktop mode.
    But I think you use a program to skip ModernUI so... is 100% ok, and I use it on 8 64bit since microsoft beta stage with no issue, fast and light as usually in 7

7. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

If that is the only reason, then its fine. I use Win8 on one system, but i don't use any of the apps on the Metro thingie Start. I just use it as a launch pad for apps (like the old Start).

8. Romagnolo1973

yes no metro informations for a AV is not a great issue if you think that right now, Defender is a Desktop, not a Metro-Style app too :D
    So good Roboscan on your win8 pc !!:thumb:

9. Antimalware18

Antimalware18 Registered Member

I looked into this product before and it looks good but the interface completely turned me off to it whatsoever. And I know functionality before visuals, but I'm a sucker for a good interface :D

10. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

A product with a sucky interface? Where?? :cool:

11. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Roboscan has a great interface. Sure they use their Egg character a lot but i don't mind it. It's ok.

12. SweX

SweX Registered Member

It's Easter time you know :D

13. Romagnolo1973

14. nord1

nord1 Registered Member

Anyone know whether or not RoboScan is close to updating the program?

Tks

15. Romagnolo1973

according with Roboscan FB page there is not a new version coming

16. nord1

nord1 Registered Member

Romagnolo1973,

Ah, I don't do FB, so did not see that post. Nothing on their blog, aside from some strange post about Porsche. <?>

Thanks much.

17. Romagnolo1973

:D exactly on FaceBook too they seems focused more on protect their sponsored Porshe driver than our pc :thumbd:
    December they said update version will come back soon, march they said no update available o_O That's all folks !!
    I have changed my security setup now and I use a 1 years licensed free Kaspy Av, byebye Roboscan, I have not a porshe and I prefer secure my pc:D

On FB I inform Roboscan about poor VB test results and I ask a new version because I think there are some problem in Roboscan with BD or Alyac euristics modules (is the last AV using BD), they ask me to inform the developers (but a FB page is not the same things?) and then removed my comments

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  18. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

As to be expected from Alyac/Roboscan, and I mentioned it multiple times regarding program updates. But here is a little information that may interest you, or others:

19. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i dropped roboscan a while back on ALL systems it was on including clients. there are just far better free programs out there imo. and it caused some issues after some time including showing some slow downs etc. it had issues updating all the time and missed a number of things over a period of time.

20. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

While I have installed Roboscan on some clien'ts PCs in the last few months, I no longer use it myself, and for the time being won't be installing it on any computers.

I have found Roboscan to very light the majority of the time, but I do recall having minor high CPU use issues on one computer at one point. But I do have issues with the detection rate based on posts here - not from personal experience as it is very rare for me to encounter threats, and lack of program updates. The lack of program updates is an issue particuarly as I have no idea how program udates are handled. If I am to install an antivirus on clients computer I want to be sure that up installing updates is a simple as possible - like in Avast for example where the download and installation of the update is done automatically by Avast, otherwise the users may end up not installing important program updates, leaving them vulnerable.

21. DBone

DBone Registered Member

With so many other free options available, I don't understand why anyone would use this.

22. roger_m

Probably because it uses BitDefender's scan engine, while being lighter then BitDefender, and most other antiviruses.

23. DBone

DBone Registered Member

BD free would be a better choice if one wants the BD engine.

24. roger_m

But, Roboscan is lighter and can prompt for action when a threat is found.

Some people, such as myself refuse to use an antivirus which can't be configured to prompt for action when a threat.

25. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I agree. Too bad the program has stagnated. It was great in the beginning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.