Roboscan ESTsoft ALYac Antivirus Basic: Uses BitDefender and ESTsoft’s Tera Engine

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sg09, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blasev

blasev Registered Member

Re: ESTsoft ALYac Antivirus Basic Free: Uses BitDefender and ESTsoft’s Tera Engine

None so far, but an official compatibility would be nice :D

Update : compatibility request has been sent, and thx to tzuk for quick reply

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  2. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Re: ESTsoft ALYac Antivirus Basic Free: Uses BitDefender and ESTsoft’s Tera Engine

Thank you.:thumb:

3. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

I found this video test
    -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HshT9oL1Iaw&feature=player_embedded#!

at the end there are the conclusions and it plays well :thumb:

4. Bickz

Bickz Registered Member

Is it allowed to use the free version in a small working environment like small office or store? if yes then i will replace MSE with Roboscan at work. Maybe a Roboscan representative can answser this question? thanks

5. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

As with most free AVs they are for personal home and non-commercial use only. The same is for Roboscan. :)

6. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

Yes I reinstalled it after a while and can confirm is a End User License Only.

This new version is improved a lot from my last try, it seems more responsive, problem with the updater is solved, fast & effective AV :thumb:

7. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

Can anyone give info how many times a day Roboscan Free autoupdates?

Is Robo Free using the same latest engine & databases of BitDefender? Is there a way to check this? Like UnThreat uses Vipres & you can check in their site if the databases are same or not.

Does Robo Free updates the same as Bitdefender? i.e BitDefender may be releasing multiple updates a day, does Robo autoupdates the same as BitDefender i.e all the multiple updates of Bit? Coz only then Robo can provide the BitDefender protection otherwise the protection could be completely different if the autoupdates are like once a day only.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  8. blasev

blasev Registered Member

you can manually set update frequency, and the fastest is every one hour.

and you can check the engine on : product information -> roboscan product info :

bit defender engine : 7.42732

9. khanyash

Have you ever checked if you get 1 autoupdate a day or multiple autoupdate a day?

Can you tell me whats the latest Bitdefender Engine & Signature & latest RoboScan BitDef Engine & Signature i.e BitDefender used in RoboScan?

10. blasev

blasev Registered Member

again, you can have hourly update if you want, just manually set the update frequency. so you would get 24 auto updates a day

I dont use bit defender,so I can't confirm
    so maybe you can check it by you self ;)

many of your questions can be answered by trialing both of them.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  11. khanyash

Yes I know but BitDefender is a huge software & my internet package is limited.

Search is not showing anything. Will try more......

12. khanyash

Latest BitDef

Update time: Wed Jun 27 15:09:01 2012
    Signature number: 6927555
    Update time GMT: 1340798941
    Version: 7.42746

Can you tell me the latest BitDef Eng & Sig in Robo

13. Chiron

Chiron Registered Member

So does Roboscan for sure use only BitDefender's engine? Therefore will any samples reported to BitDefender for sure go straight to Roboscan? Is the same true for false positives?

The reason I ask is that if this is true then I can update the information I have about it in my article about How to Report Malware or False Positives to Multiple Antivirus Vendors:
    http://www.techsupportalert.com/con...alse-positives-multiple-antivirus-vendors.htm

Thanks.

14. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

It uses their own ESTsoft engine as well as BD's.

15. Chiron

Chiron Registered Member

Thanks.

16. khanyash

Just now I installed RoboScan Free, at the last step of installation, changes were mentioned & there it was mentioned updated to latest Bitdefender sdk.

Whats is Bitdefender sdk or sdk? Does sdk includes full signatures, heuristics & behaviour protection of Bitdefender? Full updates, upgrades of BD? Or any info what actually sdk includes? or what BD sdk in RoboScan includes, like BD sign, heur, behav, etc?

17. blasev

blasev Registered Member

good article you have there :)

18. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I believe Roboscan uses BD definitions, but does not have all the same behavior blocking, web filters, etc...

19. Chiron

Chiron Registered Member

Thank you.

20. khanyash

Does it also uses BD Heuristic detection?

What is Active Virus Control in BD?

21. khanyash

I uninstalled it coz...

I find the updates are always 1 day behind here i.e if the site shows date 28 Jun latest I get the updates for 27 Jun mentioned in the site. Manual updates also shows up to date. I dont know if it matters but I am from India.

If compared to BD latest updates posted here in forum in the section "Updates" both are different. Right now.........

BD

Update time: Fri Jun 29 12
    Signature number: 6932045
    Version: 7.42763

On my system

Update time: Fri Jun 29 12
    Database Version: 7332717
    Engine Version: 7.42751

Engine version is little different in both.

Database version is totally different in both.

Can anyone explain if I am not correct or missing anything?

22. clocks

clocks Registered Member

You can't expect Roboscan to be the same 100% Bitdefender program for free. There are obviously going to be some compromises. Regardless, the program offers terrific detection/protection. I have tested it several times, without infection.

23. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Your not missing anything but dont forget ,roboform has the alyac tera engine as well as the limited bitdefender.Overall i think its excellent.I like the simple firewall and the guis are cool too.

24. kyokodash

kyokodash Registered Member

Yeah, it's a bit different. :doubt:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  25. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Probably because of the world time differences but the program updates several times a day. So does it matter?

Also, I agree with clocks. We cannot expect everything to be exactly the same right down to every digit in the version number. We should be happy that it is FREE! :argh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.