Roboscan ESTsoft ALYac Antivirus Basic: Uses BitDefender and ESTsoft’s Tera Engine

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sg09, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Re: ESTsoft ALYac Antivirus Basic Free: Uses BitDefender and ESTsoft’s Tera Engine

Just left them a message & informed of concerned discussions on WS.

Physical address:
    201 MISSION STREET, SUITE 640 SAN FRANCISCO CA 94105 Tel:1 (415) 882 4421 Fax: 1 (415) 644 0979

Sales contact information
    Tel: 1 (415) 882 4421 support@roboscan.com

Support : http://www.roboscan.com/support/support_main

2. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Re: ESTsoft ALYac Antivirus Basic Free: Uses BitDefender and ESTsoft’s Tera Engine

I like this program, but there are many other good alternatives. If they don't fix the update issues, and don't respond to bug reports, I will likely move on.

Edit: Oddly, I got home today, and woke my computer from sleep, and Roboscan auto-updated. Not sure if that is a fluke, or if they fixed something. I guess I'll know in the next day or so.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  3. Rucy

Rucy Registered Member

Hi, I am a employee of Estsoft, Korea.
    I would like to begin by apologizing for our late response since it hasn't been assigned a person who has charge of Roboscan entirely.:'(
    We are trying to find out the causes of failure in auto update and the service will be offered normally as soon as causers are identified.
    The branch in San Francisco is working on customer-response system and in a few days immediate responses to customer will be available.
    Once again we apologize for the inconvenience and miscommunications.

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  4. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Welcome aboard. I am enjoying using your RIS Free. Thanks for it.

5. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

See what did we tell you, guys? Smh. :D

6. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

:thumb: thanks Rucy, is not a problem, we know you are new in this IT world.
    Please take a look at this forum (you in sense Roboscan EstSoft) 'cause is a good and easy way to view ideas or issue users have. And great news know in San Francisco there is not a Korean restaurant, but a true customer office :D
    As soon as possible i try again Roboscan Free on my netbook. As I said is a great peace of promising AV

7. nord1

nord1 Registered Member

Romagnolo,

It seems like their American office was slow to setup.... Looks to me like the autoupdate is working properly finally. Will check for a few days to make sure.

Now about those definition files! <VBG>

Anybody care to comment on the merits or demerits of Roboscan's firewall?

8. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I agree, auto-update appears to maybe be fixed.

9. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Good to see an employee of ESTsoft on board :)

10. nord1

nord1 Registered Member

Settings, anybody care to comment?

For me, how to handle real protection settings, such as false positives and exclusion lists.

Meanwhile, auto update seems to be working perfectly.

Issueso_O

(Kind of like this one.... the two engine design is intriguing and the built-in firewall a nice touch IMO.)

11. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

no possibility to handle the sensitivity :'( i think you can manage FP when is detected.
    I don't try how FW works, especialy if it is a simple outgoing FW or in\out but if you use Roboscan FW then windows FW is desable so I think (and hope) is a bidirectional FW
    It miss some usefull things but is promising

12. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Under Real-Time Protection there are 2 options for Clean Settings.
    I have both options unchecked/deselected.
    This way I decide what is a nasty or a fp.
    If it's a fp I just exclude it.
    And Bob's your uncle.

13. nord1

nord1 Registered Member

Romagnolo,

Yes, I too can't figure out if there are any advanced settings for the FW.... it does seem to be a simple in/out firewall. I was thinking about not using it and using the windows firewall instead, but I would like to give this one a chance instead. No rules that I can find to select.

14. nord1

nord1 Registered Member

zapjb,

I have adopted your solution for Real-Time Protection... too intrusive if you let it decide for you. Would like to have more control, but it is what it is. <g>

15. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

That's 1 of the reasons I like Roboscan. There aren't endless settings. Very easy to setup.

16. Habakuck

Habakuck Registered Member

Without having read the whole thread:

What is the difference between the basic free and the internet security version?

Does it have a behavior blocker on board?

Thanks and greetz,
    Habakuck

17. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

http://www.roboscan.com/home/home_main.aspx

18. Cimmerian

Cimmerian Registered Member

Seems like there still might be some update issues around. I ran Roboscan for a couple of weeks, and liked it. I uninstalled it about a week ago after I started getting failed updates due to corrupt database packages.
    Reinstalled it last night to give it another try, but the initial update after installation failed every time. Gave it 9 hours, and neither manual or auto-updates were successfully completed, due to corrupt update packages again. Uninstalled...

19. clocks

clocks Registered Member

No update issues here. Running great.

20. Cimmerian

Maybe Roboscan just doesn't like something in my system...
    I even tried downloading the full manual update package, but when I tried to run it, it failed as well, said it was a corrupt package also. This is really weird, I've never run into anything like this before...I've got a pretty fresh Windows installation, a good, fast internet hook-up, and no conflicts I can find.
    I'm gonna try installing again later, this has become a personal challenge now...lol

21. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

I have it running in a VM environment with no issues at all. I might leave it as a security solution for this environment (XP pro 32).

Ice

22. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

You're downloading them from here?... http://roboscan.com/support/manual_db.aspx

But why are you not updating from the program?

23. Cimmerian

Yes, that's where I got the download. I tried that as a last resort because neither manual or auto-updating worked through the program itself.
    Every update package, whether the gui initiated one, or the manual download itself is coming through corrupted.

24. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

It's the remnants of ZA that's messing up your RIS. That's my inkling.

25. Cimmerian

I did a pretty thorough uninstall of ZA. Used its own uninstaller, then the clean up tool from ZA. Afterwards, I cleaned up the registry, if there's anything left, it would only be some legacy stuff. Pretty sure I got rid of those too.
    I'll poke around later just to make sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.