Roboscan ESTsoft ALYac Antivirus Basic: Uses BitDefender and ESTsoft’s Tera Engine

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sg09, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

Re: ESTsoft ALYac Antivirus Basic Free: Uses BitDefender and ESTsoft’s Tera Engine

Thanxx for the screenshots.

Your database is the same as the websites.

Now keep an eye on this for few days & report here. You will find that your database will be behind the database listed on website & when you will try manual update it will mention the databse is already latest. Sometimes the database on your system will be 2-3 days behind the websites. Atleast this is the prob here all the time I have tried RoboScan i.e 4-5 times I have tried it with the same prob. I have a good internet connection i.e 4MBPS & no prob with any other security products updates.

Also keep an eye on autoupdate & see if it works i.e autoupdates fine & report here.

2. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Re: ESTsoft ALYac Antivirus Basic Free: Uses BitDefender and ESTsoft’s Tera Engine

I dont think auto update has worked at all for me ,it always give error in logs.Do you have your auto update frequency set to hourly or auto?.Its a shame really about the updating as im starting to like this av as its nice and light and has (in my own messing with malware) a decent detection.Another thing that has put me off a little is that i sent an email to support@roboscan.com two days ago asking about licencing and have yet to get a reply.

3. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

I tried all the autoupdate options but it simply dont work. At times manual update also gives errors like bad file received.

And one thing I have noticed, if the update gets interrupted & cancelled due to any reasons RoboScan GUI & Tray Icon shows Updated with the current date & time. This shouldn't happen as the updates were cancelled.

4. ellison64

I havent noticed that.Ive used the built in submit to ask about the autoupdates and why they wont work while manual does and attached screenshot.If i get an answer (im not holding my breath) ill let you know

5. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I'm liking this program so far, but I also find that auto-update doesn't seem to work.

6. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Just checked Roboscan site. I am up to date.

7. nord1

nord1 Registered Member

Thanks for the info, I had not double checked before. Clearly, autoupdate lies.... just wanted to wait a day and see what is going on before saying anything more. The icon in the traybar said files were updated today 05/09, but nothing newer than 05/08 in Roboscan's folder.

Did a manual update just now (3 minutes before midnite and 05/10) and file dates were changed to 05/09... so Roboscan seems to be having a problem with autoupdate. At least one day behind what it claims in the traybar.

8. ellison64

Could this have something to do with timezones?.Im in the UK,and if i update say at 6pm thursday ,in Korea it would be 3am friday?(if indeed update gets its sigs from korean servers).Is it possible the traybar is showing korean time when it got thesigs and roboscan folders showing pc time?Im more worried that autoupdate for me doesnt seem to work at all rather than the time and also ive sent two emails ,one about pricing of the pro,and one about autoupdate problems and still no reply.

9. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

That is about right. We are one day ahead, but take note not to include daylight savings in your calculations.

10. nord1

nord1 Registered Member

ellison64,

I'm now 2 days behind...Traybar says 05/10, folder says 05/09 and it is now 10:30 pm on 05/11 EST in NYC.

I'll not do a manual update at all today, but tomorrow night (05/12 here), I'll check again and if it is not updated by then, I will do another manual update.

FYI, I'm using autoupdate the normal way, not the PHP alternative.

11. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I doubt it has to do with timezone. Everytime I manually check for updates available there are some. The longer between intervals that I wait, the more updates there are.

This seems to be a great program with this one major flaw.

12. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

I'm using Roboscan on my netbook and is promising IMHO but I have the same issue concerning autoupdate on my 7 HomePremium 64bit
    Manual update works great with some file update, engine, program and fingerprint but autoupdate never work !!!
    Plus is a great mistake on the GUI have the update time indicator even if update is failed
    I resume all this issue in a pic (the day I understand how make a pic visible here I celebrate, so far so good click and see if is the same problem you have )
    http://s7.postimage.org/4ydtghiwr/Immagine.jpg

What can we do? Hoping they understand english or mine half english:) , simply massive email this issue to Roboscan but using the Report we found on the gui (up to the ads in the main windows there is the Report button) is not working for me !!!!! Server error said
    Ahhh is a promise product but is seems a alpha stage

I think is the best way, but I'm astonished, they don't use the program? Is inpossible not seen this issue and is here from a month o_O

Edit: I found ROBOSCAN on FaceBook http://www.facebook.com/Roboscan so I PM there, hoping they check the Facebook page, I don't found other way to comunicate, if you have Facebook make the same things please. I ask him to register here on wilders and comunicate with us.

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  13. ellison64

Yeah i really liked this programe too,but not being confident in the auto update and not having any replies back to two emails that i sent to them has resulted in me uninstalling it.I sent one email from my email client about pricing of its pro version ,and one directly from the gui (report) about autoupdates and havent recieved a reply back about either.its disappointing to say the least.

14. nord1

nord1 Registered Member

clocks,

Anybody know if there is a command line option for Roboscan? As in doing a manual upgrade, but through Windows Scheduler instead of clicking on manual update inside the program itself. A kludge, but... perhapso_O

15. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

I'll download the english version (shouldn't take too long) and see if I get any server errors or anything.

No, there is not.

Hopefully nobody scares them off... :D :gack:

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  16. Romagnolo1973

:D they have an office in San Francisco,
    http://www.roboscan.com/aboutus/contactus.aspx
    someone here living in SF can knock on the door and say "trick or treat":ninja:

At the moment nobody reply to me on FB,
    I send an email to support, hoping they solve the issue support@roboscan.com
    So I try all the possible way to contact Roboscan except phonecall, I'm on the other side of the globe :)
    if they join us here would be great

If I have news I post it

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  17. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

When did you send them the PM? Roboscan is Alyac, a company based in S. Korea. It is almost 11pm here.

18. Romagnolo1973

yes I know, I send FaceBook message yesterday & email today, I don't expect a reply this weekend or soon, but when I have some kind of news I'll report here

19. Romagnolo1973

UNINSTALLED, no Roboscan Company reply to me so better return to avast

20. ellison64

I did the same for the same reasons.Its strange that Alyac seems to be promoting roboscan to the english speaking market by releasing its internet security package ,whereas their Asian webpage still says "coming soon"yet they dont respond to emails not even ones about purchasing their pro version.Weird.

21. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Can anybody here speak Korean? ;) haha

22. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Google Translate? :D lol.......

23. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

lol Nah, this matter is too complicated for GT... :D

I don't speak it well, but I figured out of all the people here, there is bound to be at least one Korean. :argh:

24. nord1

nord1 Registered Member

romagnolo,

I too sent off very nice emails, but no replies ever. Went the other way just now and sent a nasty one. Perhaps that one will attract some attention.

25. Romagnolo1973

ehh we don't need a Korean, but someome living in San Francisco trying comunicate to the Roboscan Office, hoping there is not a Korean restaurant :)

I try everithing possible but I think simply they don't understand basic English
    I clearly said ther is a big issue concerning update, this must be a "Defcon 1" alert, but is not so ... simply they don't exist or they don't speak other language than korean

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.