Roboscan ESTsoft ALYac Antivirus Basic: Uses BitDefender and ESTsoft’s Tera Engine

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sg09, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

Re: ESTsoft ALYac Antivirus Basic Free: Uses BitDefender and ESTsoft’s Tera Engine

I have yet to see the program updates several times a day.

I tried this coz of BitDefender excellent protection. I knew that all the Bitdefender features will not be there like BB, etc, atleast I expected the engine & signatures to be the same as BD eng & sign are also excellent. But BD eng & sign are also limited in this.

2. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Re: ESTsoft ALYac Antivirus Basic Free: Uses BitDefender and ESTsoft’s Tera Engine

Check in the history>updates log from the main gui.Sometimes i didnt notice any updating but it showed in there that it did.

3. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

I had the product installed for over a month so I should know. "Limited" or not, it does not matter man. ;) You are expecting too much.

4. blasev

blasev Registered Member

@cloud
    Couldn't agree more, I have use it for around 3 weeks
    and I find it work more than I expected from a freeware :D

@narebisht
    as for update, you can always check in the log as ellison64 wrote
    and I always get multiple update on one day

5. clocks

clocks Registered Member

This program rocks, and may become my new freebie goto when installing on families computers. It's lightweight, and it's detection is very impressive. You could always pair it with something like Kingsoft Free Cloud AV for added protection.

I just wish they would update the installer file more often. It currently is dated 2/12, and no update in almost 5 months. Which is part of the reason the initial update after installing takes so long. Even if there is not a new program version available, they should at least update it with the current definitions.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  6. blasev

blasev Registered Member

I've just look at latest VB100 RAP test on oct 2011 - apr 2012
    EST soft result are looking good :thumb:

7. nord1

nord1 Registered Member

narenbisht,

What we are missing are any real FAQs from Roboscan about exactly how Tera and BitDefender work together. Which may explain why the difference in engine and signatures in Roboscan.

8. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

this is a very nice feebie indeed!! its detection is not the best there is imo but for someone who didnt have any protection this is far better than nothing imo

9. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I'd say this is better than almost all the freebies & better than most paid solutions.

10. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

No offense and i don't wanna start a flame here but...don't you think that you're exaggerating?What makes you stating this?

11. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Detection rates & ease of use.

12. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

Not to mention performance :thumb:

13. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

It's a pretty bold statement....if that's your opinion,who am i to try to change it?

14. zfactor

doesnt seem like the firewall does much though.. i have yet to see a prompt and it looks like if i want any rules at all i have to manually create them all?? anyone know?? also wish there were a few more settings etc but for free its great. i just dont see how the "pro" version can be justified for just a pc optimizer. is there anything else added in it.

edit wait i saw one pop up for the firewall for windows host. other than that all programs seem to simply be allowed as when i opened firefox for the first time no pop up or trying to update any program again no update etc..

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  15. zfactor

nice you can mod the skin pretty easy notice the difference

Attached Files:

16. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I don't notice the difference other than RTP is disabled.

17. zfactor

all adds are gone ive also now removed the bottom box entirely

18. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Youve set the option to block out going so that it prompts you?.

19. zfactor

yes tried that so far only the one in bound prompt

20. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Yours looks the same as mine. And I didn't do anything.

21. blasev

blasev Registered Member

that's strange I get many outbound prompt

I just check both "block outbound connection" and "allow/block prompt"

not that I use it anymore, since I already use privatefirewall :D

22. zfactor

yours doesnt have these adds shown by the red arrows?? if not then i dont know how unless you have the paid one or changed the skin. see pic with red arrows. i have also now removed the whole bottom box and the whole one care plus box. much better now

Attached Files:

23. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Oh my. Is that bottom box even worth removing? Not sure what the big deal is. Not like the program is spitting out pop-up ads are anything like that.

24. zfactor

well here is what im working on now can you tell?? but still messing with it but its crazy easy to switch out the buttons and backrounds colors etc..

Attached Files:

25. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I think it looks better with the Pro ad there. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.