Roboform

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by JerryM, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I have read in the past that some use this program. Are there any issues concerning either security or conflicts with AV or firewalls?

I have downloaded it but will not install until I hear some comments.
    Thanks,
    Jerry

2. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Jerry,

Roboform is a great program, well worth the money.
    Works with both IE and FF and saves a lot of time and trouble.

Store the passcards on a removeable device, USB Drive, CD, or Floppy.
    Remove the device and the passwords are gone and encrypted.
    Make a backup of your passcards, safenotes in case a device/CD fails.
    Depending on your needs, consider having two sets of passcards: one for everyday use and one master set containing everything that would only be needed rarely. You don't have to do this, it is just a way of mitigating the risk.

It will not protect your passwords from keyloggers that monitor the clipboard.

Tried the portable version, but I like the installed version better.

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks, Devinco. I will give it a try. I understand there is a free version.

I am not sure how to store the passcards on a removable device. I suppose you store them there and remove them from the hard drive?

Jerry

4. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Just copy the passcards, safenotes, and identity files to your removeable device and in the Roboform options, select User Data, Set Folder...
    Then you can delete the passcards etc. from the hard drive, or for extra credit use Heidi Eraser and shred them. ;)

The trial version is fully functional for a certain time period then reverts to more limited functionality, check the site for the details.
    Spend some time with it to learn how it works and use it. It is the best pw manager I've used so far.

5. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks again for the help. I admit that passwords that you want to be secure are difficult to remember. Maybe this will solve the problem.

Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.