Roboform Everywhere

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mike21, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike21

mike21 Registered Member

Hello

Roboform launched "Roboform Everywhere" where it stores all my logins and identities online and synchronizes with my PC's logins and identities automatically.

The question is how safe is this? All these passwords stored online, wouldn't this tempt hackers to try hack some passwords?

I imagine that some users have sored some logins including paypal, ebay, amazon etc.

So I suppose that, provided that there are many paypal logins stored online, some persons will try to snatch them. Not only paypal but also bank accounts etc.

Will appreciate some feedback, as I am heading towards deleting all online logins.

2. Bambo

Bambo Registered Member

When you have such concerns I think the only way to get an answer is to ask if anyone have lost their stuff online due to X service being compromised. What went wrong? Here it is RoboForm and their security you have doubts about so what is the answer? But how to know? Well then you are in a should I cross the road situation ;) You can think and imagine what you like but demand some proof before declaring whatever not safe. Or figure out that nothing is really safe and perhaps trusting X online service is safer than trusting your self, not like everything you have on computer is without interest from "hackers". There are theoretic risks either way. If you don't think encryption mean much, your data is not stored in text-format, then what are the chances of someone breaking in at RoboForm servers vs. your computer? Following that logic I think most people should delete all they have stored locally, encrypted or not. You get less head ache by accepting risk rather than excluding it.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  3. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

When a company lies and cheats the world, that company is no longer reliable.

The owners of RoboForm version 6, were legally promised free upgrades and updates for life.

Best regards,

KOR!

4. Bambo

Bambo Registered Member

Trust is as much feelings as facts that is true ;) Not like you are going to get all facts when asking to know everything about RoboForms security stuff but little people can look at history.

5. aladdin

I don't know about little people, but that sounds more like Randy Newman. However, big people look at the railroading behavior of big companies shafting little people and make decisions based on these facts.

Best regards,

KOR!

6. Bambo

Bambo Registered Member

But what is wrong with their security model? May be exchange company with LastPass to avoid all those irrelevant feelings. Similar setup and online vs. offline questions.

7. aladdin

Can anyone trust their security model after they lied and cheated all their version 6 customers?

8. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

+1 :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.