RKDETECTOR v0.6.2 >Wrong service 'gmsipci.sys'

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by <DreamCatcher>, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. <DreamCatcher>

<DreamCatcher> Registered Member

Hi,

Today I was running a few apps to see if I had anything that shouldn't be on my system and RKDetector from 3WDesign showed no hidden services apart from one wrong service called: gmsipci.sys. I have searched the web to find out what this is, but with know luck. So i was wondering if anyone from Wilders has seen this before and if so how do I go about correcting it if its a problem?

Thanks for any help

DreamCatcher

2. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

I havn't seen it before, but there are lots of references to it on google etc. None of the ones i saw appeared to be malicious in any way.

I noticed you put gmsipci.sys. rather than gmsipci.sys so i wonder if that's why you couldn't find out much on it ?

You don't say what these other Apps are you used, or if you have you tried things like Rootkit Revealer, Blacklight etc ?

StevieO

3. <DreamCatcher>

<DreamCatcher> Registered Member

Hi,
    StevieO

Know it was gmsipci.sys when i searched for it on google. I have also used Blacklight, RKDetector2, UnHackme and RootkitRevealer and seem to be clean apart from this wrong service!

Dreamcatcher

Last edited: Feb 6, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.