Rising Registry Mess

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by L815, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L815

L815 Guest

I have uninstalled Rising AV not too long ago using Revo.
    Out of all the AV programs I've tried, I have found that Rising leaves a large amount of mess in the registry o_O

Here's a SS of the mess. Mind you, each bolded item has at least 3-6 entries each.

Untitled.jpg

2. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Did you previously try the program's standard unintall?

Revo is a good program, but using it for an AV can sometimes delete a registry entry that another program may need.

IMO, I'd rather have a few extra registry entries and all my other programs working correctly.

3. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

I used it to remove KIS 7.0 and had no problems :)

4. bman412

bman412 Registered Member

Most of those entries are removed during reboot using RAV's own uninstaller. A few registry entries are still left however after a reboot but not as much as shown in the screenshot.

5. L815

L815 Guest

I had a sudden suspition of this when the next portion of Revo told me it would have to delete some files during reboot.

I would normally allow the program to uninstall itself ONLY if it comes with a removal tool (such as Norton). Otherwise, Revo is only really beneficial if I run it for the uninstall not after :p

6. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

Removing some of those entries looks potentially problematic, hard to know without (1) seeing them expanded, and (2) knowing more than I do.
    The last two look ok to zap.
    If in doubt, just use its own uninstaller, reboot, and use Ccleaner to find orphaned entries in the registry. It may not find them all, but it's usually safe to delete most of what it does find. And, more importantly, you can delete them by category, and make backups.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.