Rising PC Doctor

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Ibrad, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

So is anyone else using Rising PC Doctor 7? I have had it installed my one machine for months and its had many updates released to it lately. CPU usage is much more stable with the latest version. The cloud scanner has been used a couple of times on each of my machines without any FP reports. It takes about 1 min on each of my machines to run a quick scan. I have not done any full system scans yet knowing my system is clean.

I kinda wish they posted changelogs for all these versions. I have been trying to search over the Chinese forums (with Google translate) but other then the fact they say they are working on an improved cloud engine and they hired a whole new dev team not much info found :p

2. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I actually installed it today because I saw it in your sig. I ran a full scan and it found WSA as a trojan. Obviously a FP and it didn't find anything else. Does the cloud scanner run on-demand or real time? Everything else ran smoothly. It was light and it was only running around 15K for me. Not a bad little utility.

3. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Rising PCs trojan scanner is only on-demand I use it for checkups every now and then. It would be nice if they made it on-access like Kingsoft PC Doctor use to be but thats only a wish. I had a friend do some malware pack testing on it when it first came out and it got a 60%ish detection rate if I remember correctly which I feel was decent for a cloud scanner with a small database.

For the WRSA detection I would report it here: http://support.rising-global.com/ they usually are rather quick at responding. If you dont mind me asking what was its detection name? Looking around the Chinese forums Webroot does not have much of a presence so not a surprise it detects it. Surprisingly Rising PC Doctor did already have all of Panda Cloud as safe in its process manager so I think they do try to add security vendors to their safe list in the cloud.

I personally disabled the Software Patcher because I install all my updates manually and it jumps between 10k-15k not bad at all.

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Also because we dont have much English forum talk for Chinese security software it would be nice to try to gather any update information to share with everyone. At the moment Rising PC Doctor is at 1.00.02.30

usually it updates two or three times a week not sure what but if I could find it I will share. About three days ago it updated the TrojanScanner on my one PC (I know that only because it required a reboot).

4. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Was it not this company that created malware itself to promote its products.?
    Heard about this somewhere.
    Any truth in this.:argh:

5. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Back in 2010 Rising Corp. officals bribed a Chinese offical to send out a warning to destroy a file that Rising created inorder to drum up buisness. A report of that can be found here: http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/china-news/chinese-antivirus-companies-create-viruses-they-kill-47371.html

When Stuxnet came out people attempted to put the blame on Rising that they created it which was proven wrong and they had no part on that. As far as I am aware those officals are not with the company anymore. Their antivirus product had nothing to do with it just officials going after the money

6. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Thank you for the explanation.:thumb:

7. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

It picked up WSA as trojan.gen. Nothing specific. I was just testing it out for a while. It only came up with a few Vulnerabilities and not much else. I keep my system rather clean so it's not much of a surprise. I might take a look at it again in a few months.

8. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Ah early on in WRSA Rising use to detect it is Suspicious Item so I was just wondering if it was their new engine. Which judging by that detection name is the case. I emailed a report in and will share when it gets fixed.

9. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Today version: 1.00.02.31 was pushed out to Rising PC Doctor. No noticable changes and no reboot required.

10. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

1.00.02.33 has been pushed out and a reboot is required.

11. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Does this software run in the background? If not, I might be interested in trying it out.

12. guest

guest Guest

is it compatible with win8x64?

13. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Sorry SAT testing and College visits got in my way.

Yes Rising PC Doctor does run in the background but uses up barely anything on my machine. Program updates fixed the CPU cycles it had in the past.

Also I do not have a x64 bit machine to test on, since it does not really feature a real time engine I think it would but then again Rising has not been the biggest x64 supporter.

Also Rising PC Doctor has been updated to v1.00.02.39 the past few days. Reboots of been required for the past 3 updates so it must be some major core under the hood changes. Sadly like always Rising does not provide a change log but ill try to look around their chinese forums and see if any details are provided/

14. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

How is the IO read footprint?

15. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Io read and write are very low on my machine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.