Rising PC Doctor

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Ibrad, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Rising PC doctor was very stable last time I used it. Not one crash, or BSOD, or any sort of error.

2. progress

progress Guest

Can you tell me how effective Rising PC Doctor is? :) I don't want an AV with a detection rate of 5x % :oops:

3. Sariel Fallen

Sariel Fallen Registered Member

PC Doctor uses a behavioral detection ( similar to ThreatFire ) you shouldn't see any activity -
    in the best case ;) .
    I run it together with Rising AV 2010, also with behavioral detection ( ok, the AV needs a bit more RAM, but for this I get a complete 'install and forget' product for FREE

Sariel

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  4. Sariel Fallen

Sariel Fallen Registered Member

I thought we discuss a software product, not political alignments :doubt:
    BTW have a look to the roots of ALWIL (avast), Spyware Terminator, Agnitum and other international vendors :ninja:

Cheers

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  5. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

After leaving this product alone for a while it popped back in my mind I think I may have finally found a few machines that could use it. I got two machines with low memory that I was going to SAS on but since update spikes would take up half and 99 percent of these old machines RAM I want searching again. Today Rising PC Doctor popped into my mind and after some research again to remember more detail about it this product may be the product I was searching for. I remember it may a big deal here at Wilders when it first was released. Anyone using it still today?

6. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

I would be using it if I didnt score a F Secure AV 2011 license. If it continues on the path its on in a year Ill be using it again.

7. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Does anyone know if Rising PC doctor supports Windows 7?

8. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

A question for everyone, from what I have read it says if Rising detects suspicious files on your PC it will upload them to Rising cloud and send you an email report. Has anyone ever got one of these email reports?

9. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Nopes...

10. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Just a note for all Rising PC Doctor Users:

The 6.0.3.xx version branch has been released today, like always no change log but its a jump up from the 6.0.2.xx branch of code.

Still no official W7 support but it works anyway, only down side is knowsrv.exe does not automatically start on boot so I think that means no real time, and no automatic updates till you manually launch Rising PC Doctor once each boot session. I talked to support and they said it should be coming soon but I will see if I can ask when it will be coming again.

It does still seem like Rising PC Doc. is based upon Rising Anti-Virus 2008, they seem to with a few release versions up improved the UI issue I was having.

The one feature of I have seen that seems to be removed compared to the support docs they have on the site is the ability to submit malware URLS from inside the UI.

11. tgell

tgell Registered Member

Got two words for that;
    Ooooo Weeeee!!

12. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Removed Off Topic Post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.