Rising Internet Security 2010 Beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by guest, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Norton provides a removal tool. Not sure if Rising has anything similar.

2. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

Not false, but I can't say anything about Norton since I don't use it anymore.

Rising IS good uninstall can be clean experience if you do it right.

3. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

You click Uninstall.. how the hell can you do it wrong ? :cautious:

4. 2good

2good Guest

there is a settings when unistalling Rising the last screen is reboot & right above it there is a check mark keep settings or something of that nature if you don"t uncheck it Rising will be there when you reboot providing that you uninstall it without Revo for instance.

5. tipstir

Depends?

1. If you want to re-install it later I would use it's uninstall and don't delete it's files leftover.

2. Use Revo and remove everything and delete any left over files with Rising uninstall. Then reboot and use CCleaner Registry to see if anything still hanging around.

6. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Ok but the argument still stands. It leaves alot of crap left over when you use its uninstall.. Just like Norton, ACCEPT at least Norton has a official way of getting there crap off your system.

Please don't take me wrong I'm not trying to ruffle feathers its just a fact it sucks when you use its uninstall.

7. simisg

simisg Registered Member

i dont care about unistall . unistall is good . the problem is it looks powerfull so many options but is not!!
    says stops registry modification by malware but bypaseed says stop trojan but bypassed... only detection not prevention . i test it against rootkit and bypassed.... who cares about options and unistall

8. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

I installed several Rising products (RIS, Personal Firewall, AV, PC Doctor) without any uninstall problems.

Using their own uninstaller the uninstall process is clean. I monitored the installations with ZSoft Uninstaller and reconfirmed that their uninstall does the work.

There aren't no simile with what happened with Norton, Privatefirewall, ThreatFire, etc..

If Revo is used it could have some annoyances. Why? See post #24 and the link there.

Rising doesn't need a removal tool like others. Definitely. Their own uninstall is good.

I agree. Uninstall isn't an issue indeed. Their performance is the question.

9. tekkaman

tekkaman Registered Member

Most Security products fail against new spywares, hack attacks and other things. The so called almighty Prevention only works if the user understands the alert. Being bombarded with pop ups the non technical user will either block all and render pc useless or allow all and render pc useless. Prevention can act like a virus if the user don't know what to do with the alerts.

I installed Rising 2009 to my dad. He downloads anything and everything. I think it's the best test. And his pc haven't been infected. Before I installed Rising I had to continuously deal with viruses on his computer. On the other hand. Rising has bad opinions from chinese users. Maybe it's why they're trying so hard to be popular abroad. I still think their products have improved a lot.

10. simisg

simisg Registered Member

because im advanced user i can tell you when this software says stop a registry modification or a start up item is not true has hips but malware passed that hips even if you know what to alow and block

11. tipstir

RIS works with RPCD (PC Doctor) as Internet Security Aid.

Attached Files:

12. cqpreson

cqpreson Registered Member

The GUI looks bad.Just look like the product which was in 1990s.

13. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Here is screenie of RIS 2009 that I installed recently, in another snapshot(FD-ISR). Doesn't look 1990's to me.

Attached Files:

14. quanzi_1507

quanzi_1507 Registered Member

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  15. cqpreson

The GUI of Rising wasn't changed.What a pity.It is long time since this GUI was used.

16. cqpreson

17. tipstir

Windows 7 Black is what I have running but RIS 2009 and RPCD 6.0.0.63 are both in Blue. I had changed the skin to basic prior. This is what it looks like in the Blue Skin for both. Still doesn't really matter how it looks as longs as it functions and protects (fixes/update) the system.

Attached Files:

18. NobleT

NobleT Registered Member

the official version will be relased soon.Improving many points.expecting it.

19. tipstir

Small P Rising ultimate evaluation - Foreword (from china forum to english)

After a long period of testing tens of millions of users and engineers in their efforts, Rising 2010 has been increasingly improved the final version is about to enter.

In the final version before the release of the Rising once again the ultimate evaluation, the evaluation of each test are detailed.

1. Each evaluation will be gradually released, so stay tuned valuation content: a killing ratio test (large sample size, so stay tuned)

2. Rising two main anti-testing - System Reinforcement single test Defense of malicious acts of individual tests (daily tests simultaneously, so stay tuned)

3. Rising self-protection test (from weak to strong, XE incomparable, so stay tuned)

4. Rising cloud security to report speed test (large number of ultra-accurate, so stay tuned)

20. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Judge according to your own criteria.
    The least of my concerns with any security program is whether it looks pretty or not. I'd be more concerned with how effective it performs what it's supposed to do.

21. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

This should of never been said in this topic. :blink:

"SHINNY PINTO".. INCOMING!

Sorry could not resist. :argh:

22. tipstir

Here you go I got RIS2010 loaded, updated still works with my tricks to keep on using it. I had installed it over RIS2009, what an experience to do that though! :D Though as no one here cares I now have a black theme skin for it..
    RegProt goes wild now I have to stop the service and uninstall it darn..:eek: RIS2010 doesn't mention beta anywhere though. Security Level is now Adv.

Attached Files:

23. tipstir

Ran Comodo Leak Test, only missed 11 so 329/340 total before RIS2010 detected the threat application as Trojan and thus shut it down (closed it) completely from running. When I had also launched Peer Block that application couldn't run and got an error from Peer Block. But RIS2010 reported the application as a Trojan threat. I had to add Peer Block to the white list so it could run. Now RIS2010 can be setup to work with WinRAR and scan files before they get unrar or etc. In RIS2009 it had the same feature but it's now gives you the option to run such features.

24. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

looks much better that way imo

25. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I disagree.
    If a program is a "shiny pinto" as far as performance or detection rates, that's more important than appearance/GUI.
    That's my point anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.