Rising AV Update Issue

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tekkaman, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tekkaman

tekkaman Registered Member

Issues again with updating. Each year there's an issue. I wonder if the paid version is like this too.

Attached Files:

2. dw2108

dw2108 Registered Member

With the paid version you can d/l the Rising sniffer zip which, upon being run, can have its results uploaded to Rising in order that Rising be able to inform the PAID user of that which need be repaired in order that updates "become" successful. 100 reasons to go ClamWin!

Dave

3. Vladimyr

Vladimyr Registered Member

Rising 2010 retail users tell me persistance pays. One tried 5 times in a row to initiate an update manually, 4 failures, then success! Sent me this shot.

Attached Files:

4. dw2108

dw2108 Registered Member

I just reinstall it and update it. For me, that works. But so do does my stupidity!

Dave

5. tekkaman

I contacted support. I told them that if people find the free version has bugs they were not going to buy or recommend others to buy the product. They offered me to check the issue with that very same tool you mentioned and another one. I think the name of the other one was Rising netstat or something. I did try repairing before, uninstalling and reinstalling. After it starts to download and fails in one file it can't connect again to the update server. It just stays in the connect to server stage and never connects. To be able to access update server again I have to repair or reinstall again. Last year there was a problem too. In October it just wouldn't update at all, the update aplication failed to run. That time they suggested reinstall. It worked. But every year an issue with updates -_- ? I don't think Avast or AVG ever had this issue in their free software.

6. dw2108

dw2108 Registered Member

Please let me know how Rising support responds to your complaint. Rising is a very promising AV, and works still on al 32-bit 9x OS, as well as ME/200x/XP/Vista/7, but Rising may go sadly on the "Not Worth It" list unless these update issues are resolved quickly.

Dave

7. iravgupta

iravgupta Registered Member

Seems like they have decided to give Antivir Personal some competition. Competing in the detection rates would have been much tougher.

8. dw2108

dw2108 Registered Member

:D :D

Yeah! We've all been there waiting on that ole fusebundle!

Dave

9. tekkaman

I didn't had a chance to run the tools. Today I had some free time but before using them. I did a repair AGAIN. And it updated today very slowly. I don't know if I'll have problems again but if I do then I run the tools. I too think Rising is a promising AV with it's simple hips. It's one of the most complete free solutions out there. But if updates fail. It would not be worth it like you said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.