Rising AV 2010 free question

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Brocke, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gery

gery Registered Member

Does it cover spyware protection at all? It is not mentioned anywhere at their official site.

2. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

You need to use with with Rising PC Doctor for extra Spyware Protection. I was using 2009 Free International one is free, then I guess it updated to 2010 Free. I only have it on old laptop which was the one I had tested over 800 strains for malware, viruses, worms, etc.. Rising did a very good job cleaning and removing them. I don't know why everyone knocks this program with such great support from the developers still a good program to use on the free. The other free versions of other free AV well everyone likes what he or she likes.

I just the RAV10.. I use MSE on all Windows 7 boxes 32-bit/64-bit. RAV10 good on XP.

3. tk55

tk55 Registered Member

i'm still trying to figure out if i need the pc doctor as i'm "sure" rav already included antispywares. infact rav is the only free av that's including everything from heuristic to cloud.

their website mentioned nothing but just "there you go, an extra antispyware for you". how stupid!!!

i also find it "weird" that an av that has every features included losing out to other handicapped free av's as far as prevention is concerned.

other ppl can choose what they like, i'm using rav unless and until i ran into problems.

4. gery

gery Registered Member

found this at their site
    Functions and Advantages
    Zero day protection with Rising Cloud Security: Rising Cloud Security users communicate with the Rising virus lab to form a rapid response network which quickly catches Trojans and other malware.

Antivirus & Antispyware Protection: Protection from Trojans, worms, rootkits and other malware. With unparalleled expertise in combating malware, Rising offers you actual protection against today’s cyber threats without putting a strain on your computer’s resources.

5. progress

progress Guest

Are there any tests including Rising AV 2010? Does the Rising lion have a good detection rate? :doubt:

6. iTrendsNET

iTrendsNET Registered Member

I just figured out that the Rising AV 2010 "free" that I downloaded from Cnet last night is listed as also being compatible with 2003 and 2008 Server. I did a remote log in and installed it on our 2003 Server without any issues.

Question for all you users. I noticed Rising needed a reboot after the install and that it also wanted a reboot after the first big update that I ran last night after the install. In your experience, will Rising request a reboot after every regular definition update?

7. tgell

tgell Registered Member

I had it installed and it would not boot every time it updated but I uninstalled it because if I was on a LUA, it would refuse to update. Support said it can only update on an admin account.

8. ALiasEX

ALiasEX Registered Member

9. tk55

tk55 Registered Member

nope. can't remember the last time it did. it might require a reboot after a major update, like any others.

10. progress

progress Guest

Thank you, no further questions :cautious:

11. gery

gery Registered Member

haha
    lol

12. iTrendsNET

iTrendsNET Registered Member

Thanks tgell and tk55! This seems to be running and updating well on the 2003 Server. It looked like in pulled down are more significant update last night and I was not prompted to reboot.

I'm going to stick with RAV 2010 on the server for now. I wanted full time protection and in the past was only running Windows Defender (active) and ClamAV (non-resident) set to scan everything during evening hours.

13. tk55

tk55 Registered Member

only if you can really believe some of these so call statistics. how about malwarebyte at 66% and superantispyware at 35%!!!o_O these 2 are vastly considered godsent of antivirus softwares, am i not right?

14. ALiasEX

ALiasEX Registered Member

The tested files seem to be from Korea.

15. Morro

Morro Registered Member

That is one thing about Rising AV that i do not understand yet. I have no idea what settings to make for some of my programs. I would like to try it out with the following:

Firefox 3.6.8
    Google Chrome 5
    Thunderbird 3.1.2
    IE8 ( I use this one only as a last means. )

If any one using/has used RAV 2010 Free knows what setting are useful for these programs then i would love to read them here.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  16. tekkaman

tekkaman Registered Member

You can add some of them in the settings, computer protection, aplication reinforcement. There you can add internet browsers and office apps.

17. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.