Rising antivirus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by vignesh04, May 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vignesh04

vignesh04 Registered Member

Hi,
    I installed RAV to test it but I encountered a problem:
    When I rebooted after installing, I got the "checking C: for error" page, but the moment the actual process started I got a message like pagefile.sys contains an invalid link and XP would not boot after that..When I hard rebooted the PC, I again got to the same page and this time I cancelled the disc check...Everything was fine after that..My XP loaded, I updated RAV etc., but on next reboot again the same story happened..
    I got bugged and restored my PC and everything was back to normal...Any answers as to why this should happen?...I like RAV very much and am dissapointed that this happened.

2. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I have installed RAV a few times and haven't had a problem.
    Are you running another antivirus program at the same time? If you uninstalled an antivirus program before trying Rising what was it?

3. nielsson

nielsson Registered Member

<snip>. Get a girlfriend and wait for a new version to fix your bug. :thumb: :thumb:

Maby see if they got a forum with users experiencing the same issues.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2009
  4. vignesh04

@the tester:
    I was using zone alarm security suite before but uninstalled it thoroughly before installing this
    BTW, I tried to install this twice and got to the same situation

5. zen_usuario

zen_usuario Registered Member

I never had this problem with RAV (I've installed/uninstalled frequently).
    I don't know, but if you made a manual "scandisk" on "C" before RAV installation... Could be some is wrong at filesystem structure, or HDD sectors, previously.
    You can modify also the "pagefile.sys" size, empty it before shutdown,...and see what occurs.

6. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

Run chkdsk c: /f when you reboot to check for errors on C: Pagefile.sys can be deleted and recreated. To do this you would need to disable it or move it off C: and place it on another HDD if you have such a configuration. Or you can remove it then go into safe mode and recreate one.

RAV installs, updates and reboots the system.

7. vignesh04

Thank u all for the replies...anyways I think what tipstir suggested is too much to do for installing an antivirus...I am now thinking abt Comodo....o_O

8. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

You said you had some issues with Page File not thing going happen. It's just part of the HDD reserved for usage as slow memory access. Rising Suite 2009 can be had for free. Look over at the RIS posting in the firewall area. I have no issues with that software. Well good luck with Comodo IS.

9. zen_usuario

I'm agree with Tipstir said. Pagefile issues is more about filesystem than about a software installation. I'm a bit surprised.

10. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

I see a lot of people using RAV as abreviation for Rising Antivirus.From my knowledge RAV was used as abreviation for Romanian Antivirus aka RAV by GeCAD (the one with the cat eyes) ,which was bought by Microsoft few years ago.
    In my opinion using RAV as abreviation is somehow missleading the customers.

11. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Not really.
    Considering that Romanian Anti Virus hasn't been available since MicroSoft gobbled it up almost 6 years ago.
    It's not an active player and how many people even remember it aside from those of us that used it way back when?

12. zen_usuario

"RAV", "RIS", "RFW" and "RPCDOC" aren't invented by people here, these are the "official" abreviations used himself by RISING company for describe his provided installers names.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.