Rising Antivirus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Albinoni, May 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IBK

IBK AV Expert

would be cool if some independent tests could confirm this...

2. Inspector Clouseau

Inspector Clouseau AV Expert

Interesting is the following statement:

which is compeltely nonsense. How will you clean a trojan within a runtime compressed malware? After "cleaning" what's left? Only the runtime unpacker stub which does... uhm... actually nothing after ...uhm unpacking actually nothing because it got "cleaned" ? Now hey that's bullshit of its best!

And how do they come to detecting more than 2500 "hidden" Malware in the compressed executables? Assuming that they have more than 2500 Trojan/Backdoor/Worm Signatures this statement is the next bullshit.

Because: If they unpack at least UPX then this would be already 2500 packed Malware variants if you compress 2500 files just with UPX. Let alone ASPack, FSG etc.

3. shek

shek Registered Member

As far as I remember, Rising did provide its customers, domestic market only, free version upgrade and definition updates from 1999 to 2004. I am not sure about year 05 and its current policy, but I seriously doubt it would provide the same offer to any users outside China. As you could see from its website, it's one year licence.

In terms of its detection rate, IMHO, rising is an average AV. Jiangmin and Kingsoft are in the same tier too. They are the top3 av in China. In recent years, they have slow down their real technical progress and put their energies in the marketing side. So far their strategies are successful, because most of Chinese consumers like other countries are average Joes, plus some kind of patriotic.

shek

Last edited: May 30, 2006
  4. shek

shek Registered Member

I seriously doubt it. As far as I could see, in general Guanghua AV or other Chinese AVs never come close to KAV. But in some particular categories, such as QQHelper/QQShou/Hupigon---three most popular trojans(including variants) in China, they might be on a par with it.

5. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Thanks for confirmation.I always like to try various software and indeed have a licence for rising from a year or two ago.It wasnt that bad but after an upgrade it was way to heavy for my 98 system.I agree about the detections but personally theres a lot of other things that i like to have in an av liek stability and ease of use.I stll have a softspot for the avg+plus firewall edition which works flawlessly on my system.If they were to add the ewido ad/spyware signatures i wouldnt hesitate.
    thanks again
    ellison

6. aluckystar

aluckystar Registered Member

I can confirm that. One of my friends started using Rising AV since 1998 and he can update until now. And the Edition of the software also updated, he has used rising 98,2000,2002,2003,2004,2005,2006 !!!

COOL !!!

7. shek

shek Registered Member

As I already said, most of the wilders member will not benefit from it. Rising's offer is for domestic(Chinse) consumer only. It is subject to change and I don't think it will continue in the future.

8. aluckystar

9. aluckystar

Acturally, the Ionwing Lab in China (http://www.ionwing.com) did the test 2 month ago, and Guanghua AV had a higher detection percentage than Kaspersky Anti Virus 5.0 did.And it also performs good on cleanning viruses. But its GUI is poor.

10. IBK

IBK AV Expert

after some internal information i got this morning, i think those 2 products (Guang Hua and Jiangmin) will not be tested by me, no matter how they score.

11. shek

shek Registered Member

IBK---

I just recognized that Kingsoft changed their contact email address for potential foreign user, which is overseasbiz@kingsoft.com.

12. DNA_111

DNA_111 Registered Member

I have to say Rising AV is not good,but when you buy one, yon can update for 4~5 years long(at least in china we can). But i now use KV(jiangmin).I think jiangmin is better.

13. IBK

IBK AV Expert

Rising is better, but not good at detecting old dos viruses. well, it depends in which categories...

14. aluckystar

Is it because of Rising's using its own engine make it better?

From the aspect of detection percentage, I think Jiangmin is better than

Rising.

In my opinion, Rising now spend too much on Macketing but not Technology.

But I still wonder the result of the test.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
  15. JosephWang

JosephWang Registered Member

hi, buddies, I am from Rising Antivirus and my name is Joseph.

If you have any question about Rising Antivirus, pls do not hesitate to ask me, my email is: benrui@gmail.com.

Rising Antivirus has just attend and passed the WestCoast Test on Level I, Level II and Trojan.

According to IDC's Report, Rising is the No. 1 Content Security Provider in China 2005 and has the biggest market share about 29.0%.

The No. 2 is Symantec, about 15% market share.
    No. 3 is Trend Macro, about 12% market share.
    ------
    My work in Rising is: in charge of the Text Resource about all Rising products, including antivirus, personal firewall and mobile security. It will be very appreciate if you would try our product and find any errors or have any suggestions.

Symantec earned about 207 Billion RMB last year, but Rising is less than 5 Billion. Rising has a long way to become a world famous av product. Any suggestion will be appreciate.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2006
  16. IBK

IBK AV Expert

No, Rising is in general much better than Jiangmin in detection rate. (exception: mainly the dos category). Jiangmin did not reply to the invitation so far :/, so it will not be included in the test.

17. JosephWang

See chart from IDC report

2005 Security Content Management Software Market Share

Attached Files:

• IDC.GIF
      IDC.GIF
      File size:
      13.1 KB
      Views:
  18. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

19. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

@Mr JosephWang...

I am happy to see a representative of Rising here at Wilders. I hope you will post often. I also hope that you will encourage some of your technical people to drop in from time to time. Please relax and feel at home. There are many folks here who do not have English as their primary language.

20. SDS909

SDS909 Registered Member

Joe, I wrote a published review on Rising in 2004 that I believe caused a China slashdot (or something), because the site that posted the review got something like 14 million hits a day for a peroid. I have no doubt that Rising holds a significant marketshare in China based on what happened with all of that. (do you remember the review?) I wish for the life of me I could find the email addy of my contact at your company though, my license expired. :thumbd:

Fun fun product by the way, an interface to die for. Good luck on the Comparatives, although I believe Rising is strongest on regional threats in the asian marketplace. But I could be wrong on that of course.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2006
  21. JosephWang

Yes, our branch in Australia has contact with Mr. Andreas Clementi, Rising Antivirus will attend the fowllowing test. Any result will be very helpful for our product.

22. JosephWang

Hi, bellgamin, I am glad to hear that and I will told my colleague Wilders. I thought some of them will come here.

23. JosephWang

Sorry, can not remember. But i am very interested with that, would u pls send me your review?

>> Good luck on the Comparatives.
    thx, any result would be acceptable. even bad result will help us improving our product.

24. iloveyou

iloveyou Former Poster

are you kiding ? Jiangmin global website too simple , which does not have any China No.1 features ,but Rising global webstie better http://www.rising-global.com.

25. zhcx

zhcx Registered Member

I am come from china too,but i think rising is better than jiangmin:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.