rising antivirus paid and free difference

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by cet, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cet

cet Registered Member

I see there is a free and a paid version,both are the same size.I searched but could not find the difference between the paid and the free versions.This is also true for the rising firewall.Can anyone tell me what the differences are?
    And I would also like to learn how much RAM and CPU they use.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

There is no difference in the detection/protection between the free and paid versions. I think the thing everyone is overlooking is that the free version is free for the life of the product, the question is how long is the life expectancy of this product before it possibly all becomes a paid subscription. Judge for your self in the info below I copied from the rising information on this product.

information came from here http://www.download.com/Rising-Anti...0674783.html?hhTest=1&tag=pub&cdlPid=10841975
    RISING Antivirus Free Edition is a solution with no cost to personal users for the life of the product while still provides the SAME level of detection and protection capability as Rising Antivirus 2008. Free edition has all the functionalities as Rising Antivirus 2008. Version 20.44 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.

3. Dave2609

Dave2609 Registered Member

Life of the product? I guess that means until they bring out the next version.
    What does "may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes" mean

On their web site it only says you get the firewall for free, nothing about free Antivirus too?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

That is what I mean. might not be free for life.

5. dw2108

dw2108 Registered Member

On the Risig Free site, look closely. We get 6 months only. On their US sales site, the price is USD $39.95, which is way, way, way too high a price for this product plus its firewall. Compare the Rising US site with that of Solo AV and Fire AV, and one cold begin to worry. My update yesterday contained several license text files. START > Programs > All Programs > Rising > Uninstall. But DISABLE EVERYTHING before uninstalling.

6. Dave2609

Dave2609 Registered Member

I can not see the point in having it free on one site and making people pay for it on another. Is it the same version on the US site as on the free site? o_O

7. dw2108

dw2108 Registered Member

Yes, the same but with a firewall and 24/7/365 email and telephone support. This is very odd, because the on demand scanner is not that good. Rising AV's strength is in its HIPS.

8. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Rising AV's free version is a bit of a promotion; I don't think it will stay that way forever. In any case its a decent AV; but not the best. HIPS is pretty good though.

9. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Rising=a bloated download that runs light. Like a sumo wrestler that excels at running the 100 meter dash.

IMO Rising won't stay free.

10. dw2108

dw2108 Registered Member

Does anyone know why Rising has to use DCOM for any reason other than for supporting its GUI?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.