Rising Antivirus Free Edition 2009 out Now!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PaulBB, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pykko

pykko Registered Member

funny. I used to send them samples 2 years ago and they added them.

2. 2good

2good Guest

Could someone be so nice as to explain to me how a very good HIPS be so bad as in this case , the chinese produce fine products mentioned in this forum & greatly sought after as in the case of EQsecure for an example.
    I my self fell in love with the antivirus & the HIPS is a dream come true compaired to Comodo where you have to answer yes & no all day.

3. dw2108

dw2108 Registered Member

Does your ISP run an AV on its servers which would disinfect the files? I had this happen to me several times while trying to submit files years ago to F-Prot: all were clean by the time frisk received them.

Dave

4. faterider

faterider Registered Member

I used this form: http://sample.rising-global.com/webmail/upload_en.htm Is it possible for ISP to clean zip file during this type of submission?

Hope I didn't sound like bashing this very good product. Rising is AV with biig potential and devs probably need some time to catch up with detections compared to other already established vendors.

Regards.

5. 2good

2good Guest

By no means I tool it as bashing , having played around with it I liked the program very much but I read alot of posts here and you guys are much more informed about software than I am . my question is if the antivirus is weak shouldn't the HIPS stop any kind of malware coming in ?

6. faterider

According to the opinion in the link posted above https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1397854&postcount=51 Rising is quite capable of protecting even without having signature detection. I wanted to verify this myself but when installed Rising in VirtualBox OS wouldn't boot for unknown reasons. So don't have first hand knowledge how it really performs.

7. tekkaman

tekkaman Registered Member

Hello again everyone.

I did some testing again. I did the same tests I threw to Rising 2008 and I find 2009 weaker in some situations. Because there were attacks that 2008 can stop that 2009 can't .

For example
    http://www.gentlesecurity.com/files/gswdemo.vbs

That was stopped in Rising 2008 and I get this alert. But in 2009 the script does everything.

Attached Files:

8. 2good

2good Guest

I would love to keep this antivirus on my system but reading how it did on the virus tests I was very disappointed with the results,to me that is a nice interface & alot of settings compaired to the traditional ones I have been using .

9. zen_usuario

zen_usuario Registered Member

Configuration?

My test and "Web Trojan Defense" settings:
    gswdemo.jpg

Web Trojan Defense.jpg

10. country2

country2 Registered Member

I just tried it and one of my must have is have the ability to right click on any folder or object and have in the drop down menu the option to scan. I saw that Rising ..I mean the anti virus.. does not have this....Back to Antivir

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  11. zen_usuario

Sorry, what are you speaking about?.... RISING AV has it, FW not, of course. Scanning a file/folder for antimalware porpouses with a firewall is something too "new" for me! :D

12. tekkaman

Here the script runs anyway. I tried repairing but still no luck. Maybe I'll need to reinstall then.

13. 2good

2good Guest

went back to Rising & ran that test it stopped it cold

14. dw2108

dw2108 Registered Member

Yes, quite sadly, it is possible unto our frustration in trying to submit a sample. I wish that such ISPs would allow for an upload link to the AV labs.

Dave

15. country2

LOL..you know what I meant. Anyway I edited it. The av has it? I did not have it in my drop down menu was having to manually open up the av and select the file.

16. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

Hi,
    The pre release version of Rising AV 2009 has now been fully released as today my Rising free AV 2008 updated to the 2009 version which looks very professional. However, I have now exactly the same problem as I had initially with 2008 free, that is the software tells me my license will expire in 34 days when it is suppose to be free. They sorted it last time, so I have written to them again, as they promised Rising 2009 AV would still be free.

Quote from Jessica Zhou..........
    Regards Gordon

17. ghodgson

Ah I have just been to their website..............

What a performance.
    Ah well what do we expect for nothing.
    Gordon

18. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

Audit reports Auto-Protect is disabled, however in the settings it's enabled. However I can run eicar.com without getting intercepted (manual scan catches it)? Anyone can report this to Rising?

Attached Files:

19. zen_usuario

Yes, the AV has it, sure! Right click over file or folder and RISING appears for an on-demand scan ;)

20. country2

Strange, when I was trying it out it was not there....unless I was too drunk again!

21. NobleT

NobleT Registered Member

lol~~`rising antivirus is developed by china~~i am a chinese ~~but i am not a user of rising~~rising antivirus give a high level by foreigner user,but in chinese view this antivirus make everyone a poor impresssion before the reason that is the absymal quality~~the attractive advertisement not equivalent to the ability of detection ~~~but now the 2009 version make great progess~~everyone changed the thinking~~lol:)

22. faterider

Or used file manager for explorer replacement. I didn't have Rising in context menu of Directory Opus. Read about similar problems with other file managers.
    It's strange you say this. We are led to believe that Rising is some kind of super winner at chinese market with enormous userbase. And this is used to promote it as quality product to western users. Many of us tried it just for the supposed dominance over chinese market.

23. ghodgson

24. tekkaman

@ zen_usuario and 2good

Were you using free edition ?? Cause here I've tried it on 3 computers and still it doesn't stop the test. Maybe there are some differences in detection between paid and free versions ??

25. ghodgson

Supposedly not according to them, the only difference is in the support.

http://www.freerav.com/

Gordon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.