Ringo... What is it??

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by hjacobsen, Mar 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hjacobsen

hjacobsen Registered Member

I just received an invite from a "friend" that wanted me to join an address book updater, called Ringo. Is this a safe site?? Spyware?? Scumware?? Another site comes to mind, called Bebo... Any thoughts on sites like these?

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hey there - and welcome to Wilders! I have moved your post to "software and services" where it should get the proper attention I am unfamiliar with these services except I have a cousin to keep having one sent to me about updating their online "address book" or whatever and the thing wants all my information and birthday etc - I figure it has to be a marketing ploy and I wouldn't put my info in even if Dog begged me and bought me beer :D

3. hjacobsen

hjacobsen Registered Member

Thanks for the welcome, Detox... I didn't find out very much about Ringo, but I did find this article about Bebo, from Thundercloud. I am assuming these sites are similar.. Bebo & Ringo... maybe there are more sites just like these.
    http://thundercloud.net/infoave/blind-faith-rant.htm

4. meneer

meneer Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.