RIAA Dragnet

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by eyespy, Jun 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

This is how it reads in Canada.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20030626.wbmath0626/BNStory/Business/

regards,
    bill :)

2. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Thank you! twas interesting! I don't download free music (not yet...) ;)but I agreed with the guy who wrote that article when he was speaking of peer2peer users:

they don't like paying $20 for a CD that only contains one song they enjoy. The industry would be better off if it tried to serve that need instead of crushing it.

I've got many cds here and many of them contain just one enjoyable song per disc. Not only it's a loss of money but it's a loss of time too. But I heard through the grapevines about places where you can download music for 1$...I don't know if they have a wide choice though.

Bye, Uguel

3. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Does anyone know the status of audiostreams? I rather like the 24 hours/day shoutcast of Pink Floyd over on grapeshot.net. :D I've previously purchased every album of Pink Floyd up until Waters left so I don't feel too uncomfortable with the ethics of it :)

Aside from that, I stick to downloading only older Jazz songs that are no longer copyrighted like old Thelonius Monk tunes [I especially LOVE the song "Crepescule with Nellie" there are tons of different renditions! :D]

TIA

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Yeah - like I can't get out my old cassette/radio and record the songs from the radio ffs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.