Returnil

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by TerryWood, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi

I would like to try returnil but I don't want all the bells and whistles like AntiVirus and all the other gubbins.

Is it possible to just install the virtualisation bit on install and to exclude all the rest?

Thanks

Terry

2. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

With the 2010 version you have to install it all but after the install you can disable that you don't want to use.

3. Plasma

Plasma Registered Member

It would be nice to have a clean version without the Antivirus, i dont need it and i dont think many others do either. 2008 is still my fav version by a long way. ;)

4. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

agree , even if u disable its anti virus it doesn't rely matte coz services still remain same as u enable it ....so a clean version is needed or better use SD which is clean boot to restore version ;)

5. subset

subset Registered Member

There is already a clean version and it's very similar to SD - Returnil Lab.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=244018

I think this was the direction most have expected, but then things do not usually happen quite as one expects them to. :p

Cheers

6. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

7. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

Hi, haven't been on the forum for a considerable time. I see Returnil has been busy :thumb: You now support Vista 64 bit, great news!

I am very interested in this classic version, as I don't want all the extra bells and whistles such as AV etc.

May I ask if anyone is using this on their Vista64, are there any problems or issues that still need to be ironed out? Or are you aware of any Mike, that you may be working on? If there were I'd rather wait a little longer until they were resolved.

Thanx for any feedback.

8. Coldmoon

Hi tradetime,
    The installer is universal and all versions are fully compatible with 64 bit.

Mike

9. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

Great news Mike, I shall give it a whirl and see how it goes, are you planning on maintaining a classic version for the foreseeable future?

10. Coldmoon

Yes

Mike

11. Plasma

Plasma Registered Member

Hi,
    i cant download the Classic version for some reason. When i hit download all it does is open up the same page over and over. :(

Do yu have another link please. Thank you.

12. Coldmoon

Hi plasma,
    The installer is universal and the version is based on the License Number. This means that when you register your copy of the software with your LN, it will show as the Home Classic version with the VG component deactivated.

I checked the link on the page to verify your report and have sent a heads up to the web team - thanks

Mike

13. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

ya i want try home classic but the download link dont work

14. Coldmoon

Hi mata7 and welcome back :)

The installer is universal so it would not really matter as the edition is determined by the License Number. You can get the Classic functionality by deactivating the Virus Guard, automatic signature updates, and malware sample/data collection.

HTH
    Mike

15. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

thanks cold, but i don't have classic License Number i have lux but i don't use cause i don't have returnil installed on my pc, i know i can disable all AV Functions but thas no what i want, what i want is install RN only the classic version without AV

16. wideglide36

wideglide36 Registered Member

Hello Mike,

I would also like to try the Classic version as I really don't need an AV.

I have a free license for Home Lux which I believe I received from dottech.org.

Would it be possible to exchange that license for a Classic version license?

My 2008 version just recently expired and I would like to continue using Returnil in some fashion.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.