Returnil Virtual System 2010 GAOTD free today only

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by acr1965, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. libor

libor Returnil Support

Hi all,

thanks again for your patience. The issue has now been fixed and you should've received a message from us in your RVS 2010 Message Center with instructions on how to proceed.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you experience any further issues.

2. gtoal

gtoal Registered Member

Can anyone from returnil explain why 1) it modified smss.exe when it was installed, and 2) why it keeps trying to run bspatch.exe? (I don't have the safe system feature activated at the moment - I would expect it to be quiescent.)

thanks

3. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Well, in normal usage, the wrapper generates the prompt window with the key information for the user to employ. So, if the wrapper doesn't run, that information won't be presented unless the user saved it in a prior execution.
    As did I, but I retained the initial key and used a second downloaded copy of the installer as libor indicated. The result was the same as if using the complete GOTD install, as would be anticipated by the hash values. However, I did keep that install active. Unless you wiped your system of all traces of RVS after the uninstall, using a downloaded copy of RVS2010 from the link provided by libor should see the initial GOTD registration result and immediately use that.
    As libor indicated, existing installs should have received a message in the RVS message center with instructions. Naturally, RVS needs to be installed and have been activated (with one of those 45 day licenses) for this to occur. That is how my own install behaves, the information provided now works, and the license period on my install has been correctly set using the information provided in that message.

I would recommend those participating in thread who are still running into or dealing with any difficulty (no message received, other issues, etc.), handle it on a case-by-case basis with Coldmoon or libor via PM. That is likely the most efficient course of action at this point.

Blue

4. MikeRogers

MikeRogers Registered Member

Hi BlueZannetti,

WRT the "wrapper", it seems simply to have been a time-limited way of providing us with a copy of the standard RVS_2010.EXE file that we can download from Returnl/MajorGeeks at any time, except that the wrapper offered other GAOTD-related functionality. The accompanying "readme.txt" file wasn't part of the wrapper, so I still have the registration code. As I said in a previous post, I'm testing the app in a VM so rolled back to a previous (and clean) snapshot, so all traces of the previous installation would/should have been cleaned up.

Anyway, after libor's last post saying that the problem had been fixed, I installed the app to a clean VM and received the revised instructions, so the expiration date is now showing November 24th 2010. Kudos to Returnil for sorting out the problem.

@Coldmoon: What I did notice is the appearance of three new cookies on the system. (On a clean VM installation you notice this kind of thing!) Since I am quite fastidious about clearing old cookies off my "real" machine, perhaps you or someone else could advise whether these cookies are critical to the continued functioning of RVS 2010. I don't want to delete them and trash RVS -- at least not just yet!

Mike Rogers

5. greenhorn113

greenhorn113 Registered Member

Hi libor,

That will be a problem for those of us (self included), who uninstalled the program, waiting advice.

I am currently at work but am sure that I left Returnil 2010 off my system pending advice. :doubt:

Gh113

6. 3TAMMUZ

3TAMMUZ Registered Member

The Returnil nearly would have lost most due to this sad episode, but did have been reincarnated maybe more strongly by a rightful measure.

7. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Hi all :)
    If you were one of the members who did uninstall the GOATD offer it wont matter as just by reinstalling the software all of your details will have been maintained . You just need to follow up with the instructions as set out in the message panel and you will then be able to register the software correctly

8. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

Well, I'm all sorted. I originally had the 45 trial,then registered just as the free version.Today I had a message with a link containing a new key.So now I've got the home lux till November 2110. :)
    Thank you very much, i appreciate it.

9. ZZZ

ZZZ Registered Member

I have just updated the licenses for two computers in my family, which was smoothly done. I haven't uninstalled GOATD version from neither of them just in case you are wondering. I think Returnil support team did a good job for both groups. Thank you for the nice product with the nice support.

10. greenhorn113

Hi Nick,

Is that by reinstalling using the GAOD setup exe, I think I kept that, in case the issue was resolved.

I will try tonight and report back either way.

Gh113

11. MikeRogers

MikeRogers Registered Member

That's unlikely to work, since setup.exe phones home to GAOTD to check whether the offer is still current (which it isn't), but you can download the RVS_2010.EXE from the Returnil site and use the registration code from the "readme" file that was included in the GAOTD zip file.

In my case a fresh install worked, so Returnil thankfully don't seem to have applied strict time limits to the registration process.

Mike Rogers.

12. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

The best bet is to just download like i have just done from Returnil and install and as i say there will be a message for you waiting provided you have already applied for the registration.

13. greenhorn113

Thanks Mike and Nick,

I will try tonight, downloading direct from the Returnil site, they should have a record of my several attempts at registration until I gave it up as a bad job.:D

Gh113

14. Technic

Technic Registered Member

If you have RVS installed, check the new message. There is new link for new serial. Thats all. :argh:

Thanks for fixing this issue! Respect.

15. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

:thumb: Thanks for the fast fix and good work, "Thank You"

16. greenhorn113

:thumb: Pleased to report license now in place, job well done by the Returnil staff :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.