Returnil & Virtual partition problem

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by Schrodingers Cat, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schrodingers Cat

Schrodingers Cat Registered Member

While installing the new Returnil Virtual System 2008 (version 2.0.0.705:cool: I found myself running into trouble creating the virtual partition - the install of the virtual partition would start & then the machine would spontaneously reboot!? The rest of the program works fine, I've tested it, & I believe there had to be a virtual partition, since there was a file called RVSYSTEM.dat in the C:\Returnil folder. (removed it since)

Any attempt to mount the partition/drive caused the system to reboot!? I assume this is not normal... Anyone knows what could possibly be happening?
    I've got Windows XP Pro as my main OS.

Please be gentle as this is my first posting on these forums

--------------------
    It's Game over man... Game over!

2. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Hi and welcome to Wilders Scrodingers Cat. If the VP was created it should be in the C:\Returnil folder like this.

C:\Returnil\RVSYSTEM.img (Virtual Partition) This will be the same size as the Virtual Partition you created.
    C:\Returnil\RVSYSTEM.dat (DAT file) This will be a small file.

You can do a search for RVSYSTEM.img to see if it was created. The 2 files and the folder will be hidden, but you probably know that.

Did you get the program from Major Geeks? The Premium Version 2.0.0.5007 can be found here and the Person Edition 2.0.0.5011 is here.

One of the Returnil guys hangs out here named Coldmoon/Mike. Returnil also has a forum at CastleCops. If you post there, be sure to mention a link to this post to avoid confusion.
    Release Version help.
    Beta Version help.

3. Schrodingers Cat

Schrodingers Cat Registered Member

Thanks for your prompt reply. You are of course 110% correct, the file was actually RVSYSTEM.img & the edition was 2.0.0.5011 :oops: Comes from staring at perpetual reboots till the wee hours :) Will follow your advise & thanks once again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.