Returnil Password

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Chuck57, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I finally talked my wife into installing Returnil onto her computer. Unfortunately, I stepped out of the room while it was downloading and she went ahead and began the install.

She clicked the Password option. Apparently Returnil didn't give her a place to set the password, or she missed seeing it. Now, we can't start Returnil or uninstall this passworded version. Does Returnil have its own password? Or, does it use some Windows password?

She swears no box came up for setting a password. Finally, all we want to do is remove Returnil and reinstall it again WITHOUT the password. I promise not to leave her side while this is being done.

We tried System Restore, but it's never worked on her computer, A Dell.

*EDIT* Never mind. We got it figured out. Get this, for anyone who might go through this. NO password was set, so to engage the password option you click on the blank password box and it worked. She's in the process of uninstalling the passworded one and we'll reinstall it without the password.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi Chuck57,
    You don't need to uninstall and then reinstall. The blank password is default if you do not configure one in the preferences so that inadvertant checking of that option before you are ready to set it properly will not result in an issue.

Once you configure the password it will override the default setting of a blank entry so please be sure to note the password chosen.

Mike

3. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

We started to uninstall and stopped. We're going to leave it the way it is, with no password for the time being. It took two of us 15 minutes to occur to us why it was blank. Anybody trying to get by Returnil would probably spend a couple of minutes before it occurred to them that the password box was intentionally left blank. She'll get her mail, av update, and then Returnil goes on, at least that's the plan.

Great program and I very highly recommend it. I've had it on my computer for a couple of months and it's on as soon as the computer is turned on. I use a second drive to save those things I want. With FD-ISR and Returnil, I do an online virus check a couple of times a week and feel no need for any other security.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.