Returnil & Folders questions

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by HURST, Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HURST

HURST Registered Member

There is gonna be a lot of returnil questions today, since it's on GAOTD :D

Ok here are mine (and I hope these are the only ones)

Where does EQSecure store actions that I choose must be remembered?

Where are contacts, calendar and mail stored with Outlook?

Where does Firefox store updates, extensions, etc? (I know it's under /program data/Mozilla, but I have more than one of that folders, under different paths)

Thanks

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

C:\ Program Files\ EQSecure\ EQSysSecure.xml
    C:\ Program Files\ EQSecure\ EQSysSecure.xml.bak

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Yes, this is a general problem for all ISR-softwares : how to keep the good changes in the system partition ?
    I don't accept any good or bad change in my system partition, unless I want to.
    If I want a change, I unfreeze, do the change and re-freeze.
    I don't change my actual system partition, I change my clean system partition, which is the base for my new actual system partition.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  4. Long View

Long View Registered Member

They are normally stored in a file called outlook.pst Microsoft hode this file so you will need to go to C: tools/view/Folder options/ and enable hidden files and folders and possible uncheck "hide protected operating system files".

Then using search look for *.pst. It should be several levels down in C: Documents and Settings/User Name/local settings/application data/microsoft/outlook This path is from memory -so may be wrong. Once found you can move the pst to another drive and not protect it with Returnil.
    If I understand it correctlly you might also be able to leave it where it is and tell Returnil to save changes ? I would still prefer to move it as I like to keep my operating system and programs on C: and all data elswhere - to allow for easy system restores without data loss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.