Returnil + DefenseWall

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Dregg Heda, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dregg Heda

Dregg Heda Registered Member

I am currently trialling Returnil with DW. Do these software work well together? I assume there are no conflicts since lots of wilders members use DW with SD which is similar to returnil. Any suggestions or tips?

Also my browser is SRWare Iron. Does anyone know which folders store the bookmarks? Thanks.

2. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

I am using Returnil + Defensewall at the moment and have found no conflicts here. My thinking is Defensewall will keep any baddies from running amuck and Returnil will get rid of them with a reboot. I have the AV with Returnil disabled as I figure that is what was causing a few conflicts in the past. I am also running Prevx with it and all is running smoothly.
    Prevx and Defensewall would be good enough with the outside viruses. I added Returnil to protect against the internal 2 year old virus that has discovered Dada's keyboard and mouse and that if he uses the buttons and mouse he can make things happen on the screen. With Returnil enabled, Dada is a little less concerned with data loss. :D

3. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

I tested Returnil and DW together with no problems on an XP PRO set up.

I really like Returnil has an integrated AV component. I guess it os optimised for use with this type of virtualisation.

Because I did not know where DW stored the trusted - untrusted mark of downloaded files, I set made my Documents and Settings untrusted in DefenseWall (just to be sure).

It really is a pitty you can't toggle between DW and Returnil.

Normal Mode
    When Returnil Virtualisation is off: have DW's protection on both programmes and files

Medium alert mode
    When in Returnil Virtualisation is on: just have DW's protection of files

Paranoid mode
    Both Returnil and DW fully on

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.