Returnil Crash Upon Run

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by anonpiss, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anonpiss

anonpiss Registered Member

I have 2 HP computers both running Windows XP Professional SP2.

1. HP DC7600, it's a normal computer
    2. HP WX6200, this is a dual processor XEON computer with 2 SCSI hard drives.

I installed the free version of returnil on DC7600 and everything worked perfectly.

However on XW6200, I can't run Returnil. Kept on getting a crash like the image below. I can install Returnil but the problem is I can't run it.
    http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9607/snap1x.png

Any ideas what could be causing this problem?

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hello anonpiss and welcome to the forums :)

1. Were there any errors during the install? If yes, what was the exact text?
    2. Please check your Windows Event Viewer Application log for the entry associated with this program crash

Thanks
    Mike

3. anonpiss

No errors at all during install. In fact I even have 2 exact same HP XW6200 machines, both I did a full Windows OS restoration with the recovery CD and both also had the same syntoms.

I will check the Windows Event Viewer and update you on the errors. What else would I need to check?

4. Coldmoon

Include a MSINFO32 report and send it to tech (dash) support (at) returnil (dot) com.

Thanks
    Mike

5. anonpiss

OK so it's only event viewer errors and MSINFO32 report that would be sufficient enough to find the cause of the problem?

6. Coldmoon

At this point we can start with these reports to begin a more in-depth investigation. As this is a report for RVS 2008, there is a chance that this has already been addressed by changes made in RVS 2010. If the team requires more information I will request it here in this thread.

Thanks
    Mike

7. anonpiss

Guess what, I noticed that the file size of the installer is a little different when I redownloaded the setup file again. It was 200KB bigger.

A virus has infected the returnil installer but weirdly it still allowed to install. Perhaps the developer of Returnil should consider making a MD5 check before proceeding the installation.

8. Coldmoon

There should not be any issue with a virus in the release versions of 2x. Please send information related to the detection so we can investigate.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.