Returnil caused PC to keep rebooting

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by hammerman, Sep 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hammerman

hammerman Registered Member

Hi,

Thought I would give Returnil Home edition 1.70.6160 a try out. I switched session lock on and the Returnil icon turned red indicating system protection was on. Then created a text file to check that the file is no longer present after a reboot. When I restarted the PC, Windows would not startup and PC kept rebooting. PC reset occured just before the password entry screen.

To overcome this I ended up starting in Safe mode and uninstalling Returnil. Windows then started normally but I got an SSM message stating that SBIEDRV.sys is not the same. The SandboxIE icon had turned red and I couldn't open up the SandboxIE main window.

I reset the PC with the SandboxIE option 'Run Sandboxie control on system startup' turned off. The system then reset OK and I've had no problems with SandboxIE since.

Before I install Returnil again and have another go, am I doing anything obviously wrong? Do I need to shut down any applications before switching Session Lock on? Is there a better way of recovering from this situation without having to uninstall Returnil?

Running Windows XP Home
    Applications running when session lock was switched on:-
    SandboxIE 3.01 (sandbox not empty), McAfee AV, SAS Pro (real-time on), BOClean, SSM (Free), regprot

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.