Returnil Black Screen (Zemana Antikeylogger?)

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by caspian, Jul 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I installed Returnil on my father's vista. When I right clicked to choose "Enable", the screen went black and stayed that way. This happened when I tried before a couple of months ago and so I just uninstalled it. But this time I manually turned the computer off and started it up again. I then decided to temporarily disable Zemana. I was able to enable it with no problem. I did also exit out of a couple other insignificant items in the system tray like Free Download manager and Gadwin print screen, but I am sure it was Zemana. I just thought I should mention this.

2. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

I have used Returnil - both 2.0.1.9002 and both the publicly released v3 beta's along with Zemana without any problems at all. I am at present using Shadow Defender with Zemana, again without any problems.
    However this is on a machine running Windows XP Home SP3 so Vista may well come into the equation here.

3. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi caspian,
    Thanks for the heads up and will notify the team to test against Zemana. Were there any error messages? If yes, what is the exact text?

Thanks
    Mike

4. caspian

caspian Registered Member

No. I did not get an error message. the screen just went black. I waited and waited but it never returned so I just manually turned it off.

This has happen twice on my father's HP computer with Vista. But I used it on this computer several months ago before I reinstalled the operating system and it worked just fine. The only difference now as opposed to before is that I have added Zemana. And when I disabled Zemana before enabling Returnil, the problem was resolved. So I am convinced that this was the problem.

Also, like the poster above, I have Reurnil and Zemana on my XP computer too. I have never had that kind of problem on the XP. Just on Vista.

5. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Ok - thanks for the follow up

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.