Returnil And Imaging

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by huntnyc, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Debating between DeepFreeze and returnil and thought I would give Returnil a try first as a something to keep my system partition static. Was wondering though when using ShadowProtect is there anything i have to be aware when imaging with Returnil installed? If I have protection on, can I still do image of C from Windows with SP and have it restore with protection from Returnil on or should I disable returnio protection before imaging? Thanks.

Gary

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I haven't tried imaging with Returnil on. I did try updating a FDISR archive and restoring that it and it seemed fine. Only one way to find out. You gameo_O?:D

3. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Pete,

Might give it a go soon. I guess I jsut have to make up mind between if I want to use Returnil or other type of program like it. But, I guess I should start another thread on that one. I will eventually use some shadow program just don't know which one yet. Thanks.

Gary

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Gary, I am just remembering trying an image from returnil shadowed. Didn't work out to well. I think the problem is the imaging programs deal with sectors, which all the shadow programs mess with. FDISR did okay, because it is file based.

Both Shadow Defender and Returnil played fine with FDISr and imaging. But I don't use either shadowed when I am doing imaging or FDISRing.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.