Returnil and fall back

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Long View, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Long View

Long View Registered Member

did anyone else have any fun with Returnil and the time this morning.
    I have my clock set to GMT and auto adjust. somehow my machine gained 2 hours today. I have unprotected and set time correctly and re protected and all is normal. Deep Freeze machines changed time correctly.

I don't understand or see how this could have happened. Upon reflection perhaps I should have left my machine alone ? I could have done with the extra extra hour.:D

2. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

ROFL, that may have explained why there was something wrong with my clock also, ;) thought it was just an oddity, but now you mention Returnil.

3. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi Long View,
    I will ask the team to look at this ASAP.

Mike

4. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

I wonder if it had something to do with what would have been the normal clock adjustment from Daylight Savings Time back to Standard Time?

5. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

I don't have Returnil installed but noticed a similar problem.

The system clock auto-adjusted one hour back at 02:00 (for daylight savings). After that I did a time synchronize (time time was pretty accurate already). When it reached 02:00 again, the clock was put back to 01:00 again (which shouldn't have happened). I did another time synchronization and since then, I've had no more problems (yet :) ).

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  6. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

LOL, I thought that Fall Back was a new instant recovery program that I had never heard of. :D

Acadia

7. Long View

Long View Registered Member

One one machine with Deepfreeze the time is still summertime i.e the time did not change. My wife's lap top which was in Spain on Sat/Sun night the time is now two hours earlier. Her laptop doesn't run with either Returnil or Deepfreeze.
    So what is going on? completely confused

8. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Long View,
    We cannot see how this could be due to RVS or anything RVS is doing as it does not freeze the system or BIOS. The time is kept by the BIOS and then interpreted by the OS. As RVS does not freeze or clone the BIOS, there is no way that it could interfere with the OS's interpretation of the local time.

As a test try the following: 1) Turn on System Protection, 2) Change the time and day, 3) reboot 4) Log back into your account

The clock will display the time/day you changed it to plus the time it took to reboot and then log back into your account.

Mike

9. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

My system clock wasn't adjusted either, because
    1. My off-line snapshot was adjusted.
    2. My on-line snapshot is frozen and doesn't allow any change.
    BEFORE this setup, my clock was adjusted automatically, even faster than all my other radio-controlled clocks at home.

I'm not going to change anything, just because my system clock was wrong one day, too unimportant detail.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  10. fce

fce Registered Member

i try to change date and time setting while RVS is ON, when i restart it just rollback to previous time.

i turn OFF RVS and change the time setting to its new setting, after i restart the time is correct to its new setting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.