Returnil and DefenseWall

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by caspian, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I was just reading about DefenseWall. Can DefenseWall and Returnil be used together?

2. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

They work fine togeather. Just make sure that if you already have defensewall that you install Returnil as "Trusted".

3. caspian

I was thinking about giving Defensewall a try but I guess it doesn't work on Vista 64 bit. What a shame.

4. Uli9000

Uli9000 Registered Member

Hi

I was thinking of giving Defensewall a try but heard it was a bad idea to run two virtualisation softwares together.

Can anyone tell me, is this true?

Thanks

Uli

5. Uli9000

Uli9000 Registered Member

Hi

Just re-read the thread and other parts of this forum and think i'd better re-word my previous post.

What I'm really curious about is how two virtualisation software's work together, e.g. do they work alongside or does one exist 'within' the other?

Thanks

Uli

6. caspian

Many people use Sandboxie with Returnil. But Sandboxie will not work on a Vista 64 bit OS.

7. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Defense Wall is a policy based program. It should work fine with Returnil

8. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Maybe yes, maybe no. If you look into older discussions regarding (example) RVS (1x/2x) and FD-ISR (when FD-ISR was first discontinued) running together, you will see that some got it to work. With that said however, I would stay clear of this outside of a VM (VMWare, VPC, VirtualBox, etc) as there is no way to predict what will happen. It could work or it could cause a serious kernel mode driver conflict, especially if both are going after control of the HDD.

It is best to evaluate the choices in this space individually and then decide which is best in your environment and overall strategy...

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.