Return of mail - Virus?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Kathyhl, Jan 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathyhl

Kathyhl Registered Member

I recently just received this from a friend :

"Email Alert: Malformed container violation Virus Found and Quarantined"
    "The email was infected with the following virus:

Malformed container violation

Special note about spamBlocker and Virus Blocker: Our
    system scans every incoming message for viruses
    BEFORE it filters your email through our innovative
    spamBlocker service. So, if you use spamBlocker, please
    don't be surprised if you get a Virus Blocker system
    note from EarthLink about an email that spamBlocker would have caught.

If you need to contact us about this or any other matter,
    you can trade real-time online messages with a Live Chat representative who can provide all of the same support that our award-winning phone representatives provide: http://support.earthlink.net/chat."

I have Norton, S&D, Spywareblaster, and pest patrol, which I try and run as often as possible, and also keep updated. I'm not naive enough to think nothing will ever get through, but I have no idea what this even is? What kind of a virus is earthlink talking about?

Thank you,

Kathy

2. NeonWizard

NeonWizard Registered Member

Seems that there is a virus in your PC. Try to do an online scan with Housecall.

3. Kathy

Kathy Guest

Thank you tech_guy, I did run Housecall and it also came up with nothing. I'm pretty much at a standstill, I've run everything I have, and everything is telling me I have nothing, so unless whatever I have finally comes up on something, there's nothing I can do :oops:.

Not sure how this is going to come up, for some reason I couldn't log in.

Thanks again,

Kathy

4. NanDog

NanDog Registered Member

Hey Kathy! Are you sure that notification was due to a message you actually sent? In not, it could have been in response to an e-mail that may have been sent from some other computer that is infected and that had your addy in it's address book. These current worms grab addresses that exist in peoples computers and use them as a spoofed originator. I've had several messages lately that e-mail that I've sent (which I really didn't send) had been blocked due to being infected with current bugs such as Novarg, MyDoom, etc. Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.