Retail Over Trial Version?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by fhaber, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fhaber

fhaber Registered Member

I'm inclined to uninstall/reinstall, since I'm so satisfied with the trial .667.0 version I'm using, but...

o Assuming I've acquired retail CDs of NOD32 (AV only) 3.x, with license numbers on the sleeves...

o Can I install over the trial version, or just enter the license number and somehow register?

(I ask because the above is impossible with a couple of competing products.)

2. fhaber

fhaber Registered Member

Bump. Marcos? FAQ/where?

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can only replace the username and password and it should work fine then. Newer trial versions should have a button called "Upgrade to full version" that you'll need to hit to upgrade it to the full version.

4. fhaber

fhaber Registered Member

Marcos, sorry to bother you further.

The CD's cardboard envelope has just a GENMAYO8..... code and an activation URL. Should I just go there with the code, and ignore the CD?

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The best would be if you contact the distributor/reseller you got that CD from. I have no idea what's on these CDs and how they get activated.

6. fhaber

fhaber Registered Member

I gather you're not in the USA, or have no connection with Eset California? That's unfortunate.

NOD32 CDs are sold over the counter here. I'm going to presume reactivation won't work, and uninstall/reinstall.

A FAQ entry is needed here, I'd say. Sorry you're out of the loop.

7. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.