Resume software advice?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Cutting_Edgetech, Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I'm having to redo my resume since i only have a hard copy of it, and it must be updated anyways. What are some good choices of resume builders? I'm applying for an interpreter job with the school board.

2. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

I did my resume in Windows with the Microsoft Word (.doc) format a long time ago when I was using WinXP.

Since I now use Linux, I just import the .doc file into the latest Linux word porcessor.

If you have a job description, use it as a guide to format and cover all of the requirements regarding your previous job experience in the interpreter field or fluency in language(s) interpretation.

-- Tom

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Don't the U.S have a resume template from which people can create their resume?

4. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Some programs have many templates or formats to choose from when creating your resume. I did mine using Word years ago, but I only have a hard copy now. I thought someone here may have experience with using software specifically for creating resumes that they liked, and would recommend. I know of several, but have never used any of them. I may just try a few of them, and see which one i like. I just don't want to pay money for something, and then find out I don't like it. So as long as its free or they have a trial then it want be an issue.

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Will this be for a hardcopy, softcopy, or both? For softcopy I would us Word since is a common format and would have less compatabilty issues. I used open office once for a resume (had tables in it) and the format looked off in Word 2003.

6. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Cutting_Edgetech, perhaps this 5 web-based applications article might point you in the right direction:

-http://www.thewritingsoftware.com/resume-writing-software/free-resume-writing-software/

For a simple Word-like program, there is always AbiWord or AbiWord Portable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.